Chapter 12

At the animal clinic (your POV)

We entered the clinic, me holding Derek up. When we were inside, i let go of him and he held himself up with his weight on the table. Stiles said he got a text and proceeded to read it.

"Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" he asked Derek. "It's a rare form of wolfsbane." Derek sighed "He has to bring me the bullet." He then added. "Why?" I asked. "'Cause I'm gonna die without it." Derek said, making Stiles and I look at eachother with worry.

After a few minutes of waiting, Derek pulled off his shirt. I had to admitt, he was ripped. Stiles had caught me staring and suddenly said "Okay, you know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of..."

I gave him a pointed look. He shrugged and Derek huffed. "When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." He then said. "Positivity" just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles said.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time-- last resort." Derek said. "Which is...?" I asked.

"You're gonna cut off my arm." Derek said to Stiles. He looked like Derek had grown a second head.

"Oh, my God. What if you bleed to death?" I asked, not liking this idea at all. I could see Stiles wasn't liking it either. "It'll heal... If it works..." Derek said. "If it works?" I asked, pursing my lips to him.

"Ugh. Look, I don't know if I can do this." Stiles said, giving a disgusted look. "Why not?" Derek asked annoyed. "Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles said exasperatedly.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asked incredulously.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped-off arm!" Stiles said, looking at Derek in disbelief. "All right, fine. How about this-- either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off your head." Derek said. "Stop!" I said, getting angrier every second.

"Okay, you know what? I'm so not buying your threats any—" Stiles began, but was cut off by Derek who grabbed his shirt in a threatening manner. "Oh, my God! Okay. All right. Bought. Sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it." Stiles said. I grabbed Derek and made him let go of Stiles.

When I let go of Derek, he looked like he was going to be sick. "What? What are you doing?" Stiles said, he was interrupted by Derek throwing up black fluid.

"Holy God, what the hell is that?" Stiles said while gagging. "It's my body... trying to heal itself..." Derek said, groaning in pain. "Well, it's not doing a very good job of it." Stiles said, earning a pointed look from me. Sarcasm wasn't doing any good at the moment.

"Now. You gotta do it now." Derek said. "Look, honestly, I don't think I can—" Stiles started panicking. "do it!" Derek yelled. I grabbed the saw out of Stiles' hands and said that i would do it for him.

"Oh, my God.... All right, here we go..." I said, placing the saw on his arm and closing my eyes.

"Y/N!!" Scott said, making me look at him. "Scott?" I asked, laying down the saw on the table. I exhaled the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott asked me, I gave him a guilty look. "Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares!" Stiles said relieved.

"Did you get it?" Derek asked weakly. "What are you gonna do with it?" Stiles asked him.

"I'm gonna...I'm gonna..." Derek said, falling down tot he ground unconcious. "No! No, no, no, no..." Scott yelled, the bullet had fallen into a drain.