Selene

A droplet of water hit Jayne's face rhythmically. Her cheek was against something stone cold. She tried to sit up, but found her hands and feet were in chains. No candles nor torches were lit, the only light that came was from a tiny hole up in the corner.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." Jayne groaned. Her head banged as her back ached from being shot. She could sit up enough to rest her back against the wall. It was fucking cold.

Jayne winced as she tried to remember what happened... Helios and that other guy, why on earth did they kidnap her? Helios seemed to like her and if this was a 'passionate' kidnapping, then surely her accommodation would be better.

"redeem yourself for not catching her sooner,"

What on Earth did that guy mean? Did Helios knew who she was all this time? But... why would Helios need to catch her? What did Jayne do?! Was this Octavia? Surely not, if it was, then she would definitely not be in a dungeon of some sorts. Unless Octavia was some sort of sadist and was was punishing for leaving?

Jayne was shivering, and not just because it was cold. What was happening? What did she do?! What about Biastos? Where was he? Was she going to die? Oh god. Oh Lord. Jayne's metal cuffs clanked as her body shook. She pulled her legs against the rope tied at her ankles, at least her legs were tied with rope. She rubbed her legs together again and again to cause some friction to loosen, but a loud sound beckoned her attention to a door opening.

Jayne stopped fidgeting when she saw a man in armour, that same man. "I see you're up, good, Selene wants to see you."

Selene?

Hyperion threw Jayne onto the floor after dragging her up. The bonds on her legs were removed, but not on her wrists. Landing with a grunt, Jayne looked up to see where she was.

It was the hall; the throne room. The exact same room in Telepylos, the same room Jayne had entered when she walked into the castle. Exact same layout. Except this time, the colour was inverted. Gone were the white, gold and red, now replaced with black, purple and blue. Everyone was wearing black, except for the woman sitting on a throne who laughed at Jayne.

"Well, well, well... At least we meet face to face, Jayne Smith."

Her breath tightened as Jayne saw Selene in a golden dress, black hair cascading down her breast and a silver crown with a purple jewel being the only thing that shined in the room.

"What am I doing here?" Jayne was able to stand up and back away a few steps.

"That's no way to talk to royalty." Hyperion yelled and kicked her knee from behind, Jayne fell and her hand banged onto the cold tile. A small chuckle escaped Selene's lips.

Jayne groaned and sat up, kneeling, but said nothing. Selene stood up and sauntered down her steps and circled the girl, looking at her, "I will never understand." Jayne looked up to see her face, "How could anyone so grand as he, love someone so... plain as you." Pure hatred covered her face.

"What?" Jayne cowered.

"Ha." Selene scoffed and walked back to her throne.

"Your highness." Jayne spat at the title, "What have I done to be here? I never meant to cause offense."

Selene was silent for a moment, "I suppose your right, to a certain extent, it's not like you can see the future, fortunately I could, and oh Jayne, you want to think your innocent in all this, but your taking what isn't yours to take."

Jayne bowed her head to hide her tears, "I have no idea what you're talking about." She cried.

"Desmideus!" She roared and Jayne flung back. It seemed she had some magic in her voice to blow a heavy wind, "You plebeian, I can't believe it was written in fate for you to become a Queen."

Blood was leaving Jayne's nose as her being flung back caused her to land on her face, "I honestly don't know what you're talking about, please." Jayne whimpered, holding her face.

"How I dreamed of this day, seeing you cry." She smiled, "You see, I am a prophetess, I can see the future, but unfortunately, not all of it, I can only see the predetermined future, the future that has not been altered because of someone purposefully changing events. If I had never seen you in my dreams, we would not be in this scenario, so I could not tell you what happens after I am done talking to you." She stood up, "But, I have informants to tell me what I need to know." She looked at Jayne and raised her hand.

The shackles on her wrist burned, "Ahh!" Jayne screamed as hot metal scorched against her skin and she fell to the floor. Her skin peeling off and blood oozed out, turning the shackles red. Selene watched her in silence before simmering the pain by lowering her hand, "I tried to prevent fate by putting you in a slumber, it took a lot of energy, you know? I couldn't use magic for a month after that. I saw the future back then, I knew which cookie you were going to eat, so made sure to poison that one... but for some reason, you awoke... so disappointing."

She raised her hand again, and this time beckoned Jayne towards her, using some sort of magic to force Jayne toward her. She grabbed hold of her neck, "You could've lived a peaceful you know, being asleep forever, living in a dreamland, but no, you just had to cause trouble." She squeezed her neck and Jayne croaked, her wrists dead as she could not lift them up in defense.

"It didn't matter that I put you asleep, you still arrived in Telepylus, granted for a different reason, but the outcome was very similar, fate's funny like that, isn't it? Initially, the reason why you go to Teleplyus is to accompany Octavia, your mistress, to Desmideus' ball, and then you sink your claws into him and seduce him like some sort of witch." Just as the light in Jayne's eyes was about to faint, Selene let go of her and a loud thud was heard, Jayne was barely awake, but she was still awake.

"But no, instead I hear you arrive early." She laughs bitterly, "In fact, me trying to change fate put me in a worse scenario, for you met Desmideus much earlier than it was intended, allowing you two to... bond earlier." She spat and kicked Jayne's back. "I was getting desperate, you see, I couldn't stop you two from.... loving each other, so if I couldn't take you out from afar, all I needed to do was bring you hear."

Jayne felt nothing. Her body turned off all pain as a coping mechanism to survive and she could only give a pathetic smile, "I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't love that guy, if that's why I'm hear, you've wasted your time."

Selene was not amused, but looking at her state, she didn't need to beat her up anymore. She crouched down and grabbed her chin, "Care to elaborate on that?"

Jayne opened her mouth, but blood she poured out onto Selene's hand. Selene wiped her hand onto Jayne's hair, "I was a physician working at the castle, I have never once loved Desmideus, and he does not love me, we've never even shared a kiss."

Selene soured and threw her heat into the ground, "Don't lie to yourself Jayne, he's a prince. Even if he does not love you, you love him, and you want to be a Queen."

"I don't want to be to be royalty." Jayne lay on the floor and whispered, but she still heard her.

"Nonsense, everybody wants to be me, everyone wants to be him, we are what everyone envies."

Jayne chuckled but the pain in her ribs stopped her from laughing, "I don't wanna end up like Diana, I don't want the responsibilities of a monarch, I just wanna eat bread." Her body was exhausted of tears.

"Despite what you say, if I had not intervened, then you two would end up together, and I simply cannot have that."

Jayne found the courage. She felt like she was going to die, so it didn't matter. Slowly, she got her, her legs shook and threatened to collapse, "Whatever you say, you fucking crazy bitch." She was then slammed again and lost all conciousness.