Chapter 3: Necessity

Y'know what? I didn't really feel like dying today.

It couldn't be possible, at the speed I was going no one could've followed me, let alone seen me get to this roof in the amount of time I managed to save. That's just not humanely possible, no matter the quirk, the person behind me had to have been there already and I just didn't notice them.

Noticing my position despite the fact that I could definitely catch myself if they pushed me off, I still didn't want to risk anything. So I concentrated on keeping my balance and not panicking despite the subtle pressure of someone's foot on my back threatening to push me off the edge.

I didn't want this guy to see my face, and since I was having a nice breakfast, I didn't have my mask on.

Which is already a pretty compromising position.

I reached for my mask that was just in reach to my left, which immediately lead to my aggressor crushing my hand with their other foot and me letting out a hiss of pain, "FUCK! OW!"

"Ah so you're gonna try and preserve your identity instead of focusing more on staying alive huh? That pride of yours could be an easy downfall if you're not careful."

Oh how I absolutely wanted to turn around and punch this motherfucker in the jaw for almost breaking my god damn hand.

But I still didn't want to fall, so I made sure to keep my focus on not falling. I hated this guy's voice for some reason, just something about a raspy creepy voice unsettled me to my core, especially since I couldn't see who was talking to me. I tried to keep my head on straight, had to think of a way to get out of this scenario, unscathed, ASAP.

I thought it through, I had to catch the person behind me off guard. Get them talking maybe, and then manifest a code to help me. Something that would save me, whether or not I ended up falling off the edge. Lucky me, I got that code tattooed on my wrist, so I knew exactly what I was manifesting, and how to do it.

"Who the hell are you?" I pushed out those words as harshly as I could, hoping the added aggravation from the pain in my voice would edge on the person behind me who currently was the decider of my fate. Thankfully, I got the punk to talk.

"Oh? Someone who could die from a simple shove, is concerned more for identities than their own life? Why would you want to make conversation with your attacker you naive-"

Now.

I swung my right hand in front of me so it could lap around me when I summoned Crescent Rose. The mechanical gunbound scythe appeared in my hands from the code bubble that took it's shape and fit perfectly into my hand to grab it by the handle and push myself off of the edge, ripping my hand from under my aggressor's foot. The momentum I gained quickly from the sudden drop was perfect for when I hooked CR around my feet and pulled the trigger, sending me flying back up and behind the idiot who fucked with me.

Gaining my balance instantly by planting my feet into the roof of the building once again, I charged at the fool, kicking them over and holding them under my foot with CR's blade to their neck. I wish I could've grabbed my mask in time to keep up the theme of anonymous attackers, but I wasn't that fast.

There he was, right beneath me, him as powerless as I was moments before. I couldn't see his expression of disbelief or realization of his own misunderstanding or assumptions of underestimation, because his face was masked by... A-A Human Hand?

Okay, that's fucking weird. Now that I got a good look at the guy, I noticed how bizarre he looked.

He had messy and frizzled hair, a faded sky blue color, a few locks falling through the fingers of the hand that clung to his face. There were more of them too, more hands. One was also holding onto the back of his head, two around his neck, one on each shoulder, two wrapped around his chest from behind, and three that clung to both of his arms.