38 | inevitable

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 38
INEVITABLE
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

 ┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 38⸻ INEVITABLE ┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

M I A' S P O V

TO SAY THAT I AM shock is way beyond an understatement. I could feel my breath knocks out entirely to witness his sudden awestruck appearance.

"T-Taehyung?" My voice calls out in a soft whisper.

Adrenaline rush and blood pumps to all parts of my body when his gaze meets mine.

Little did I know, my chest fluttered as it ignited like an exciting feeling that felt so familiar. God, if only the situation is reversed, I wanted to hug and tell how much I have missed him but that sounds absurd — much to my dismay.

"Sorry, have we met?" he begins as his thick eyebrow furrows with a puzzled look.

I blink twice as I stare at him. "E-Excuse me?"

"You look.. familiar. Do I know you?" he squints his eyes, tilting his head slightly.

I was speechless, not knowing how to respond. It feels uncanny to hear his voice. But why is he pretending not to know me? Does he hate me that much because I left him?

"There you are!"

Judging by the voice, I whip my head to find the one and only, Jeon Jungkook strolling out from the elevator.

"You guys are late," he scolds as he instinctively glances at us with an annoyed look.

I still couldn't overcome over how ridiculous this encounter was as if it was planned all along.

"Hi, Dohyun!" Jungkook cheekily greets, stroking the little boy's hair beside Taehyung before adverting his attention towards my daughter.

He is quick to notice my daughter's expression as her cheeks flushed red and tears rolling down her face.

"Uncle Jeon," Eunbyul whines, wiping her tear across her cheek.

Jungkook pouts. "What's wrong? Come here,"

Wordlessly, he retrieves her away from my embrace as he feigns ignorance, pretending not to notice my death glare.

"Let's go, the others are waiting," Jungkook retorts simply.

Although this is still as shocking as it is, I oblige and both of us trail behind him into the elevator.