51

Sorry for such a short chapter. I'm home now though!! That means I can start daily posting again!! Woohoo!!

George and Eret collectively worked together to drag the barely responsive, loopy imp to the camp, which was basically a pile of blankets up against a tree. Eret patched up the wound with a sigh and George basically refused to let go of his hand, it was as if he thought letting go of his hand meant he would lose him forever. The three sat in tense, uncomfortable silence for a while.

" You should be dead, you know? " Eret said, finally breaking it with a concerned expression.

" Well no shit, Sherlock. I'm an imp not a person. You should be dead too. " Dream said faintly with a giggle, still slightly light-headed and out of it. He had a hand resting on his abdomen and the other was flopped at his side.

" No. I mean that was a fatal hit. " Eret shook his head, facepalming. He almost couldn't decide if Dream was being goofy, or if he was genuinely that out of it.

" It was? " George had looked up pretty abruptly at that news.

Eret nodded. " Not to mention the bullet is just completely gone " He added, squinting at the blonde, who raised his hands in defeat with a silly grin.

" Ehehehhhhhh I melted ittt... " Dream slurred, giving the boys jazz hands. Eret rolled his eyes and George gave him a quizzical look.

" Now that I think about it. That's probably entirely possible. " The Brit said. " Your natural body temperature is a fucking volcano so- " He was cut off by Dream wheezing. He quickly looked to him in alarm, thinking something was wrong, only to realize he was laughing. He squinted at him, unsure of what was so funny.

" I can practically hear Bad. " Dream cackled drowsily. " LaNgUaGe!... " He continued, his tail wagging. He slowly leaned more against George, taking a shaky inhale. He was still clearly in pain despite his attitude and it made the other two frown.

Eret raised an eyebrow at them. George stared Dream down for a moment longer before turning his head away. " You're such an idiot. " He said half-heartedly, unable to conceal the worry in his tone.

" Hey, Dream, why don't you take a nap? I think it might do you some good. " Eret said.

" But I'm not tirrrredddddd!! " Dream whined, waving his hands in an odd motion as if he was trying to shoo Eret away.

" Dream. " Eret said flatly, glaring at him.

" Fine,  Dad.  " Dream snorted, crossing his arms with frustration.

George snickered and Eret's eyebrows shot up to his hairline as he let out a soft chuckle. " Dad? " Eret and George both questioned.

" He sssure actsss like one. " Dream said. " He'sss constantly fussing over us nnn sstuffff. " He continued with a lopsided shrug. Eret pouted at him and George burst into a fit of giggles.

" He's not wrong. " George said, stifling more laughter. His eyes were bright with amusement.

" Yeah? Well at least I care. Better than the latter option. " Eret huffed, crossing his arms and looking down at the ground, his wings ruffled. " Go to sleep, Dream. " He carried on with his fussing despite what the boys said.

Dream snuggled up to George and closed his eyes, fake snoring just to mess with them. " Dream. " George laughed. " That's clearly fake! Go to sleeeeep. " He dragged out the 'E' to add emphasis.

Dream fell quiet, letting his ears droop lazily. Eret watched with a satisfied nod before giving a stressed groan and running a hand over his face. " We need a breakkkk. " He complained, flopping onto his back in the snow.

" Yeah. Seriously. Too much has happened in the past few days. " George agreed. Eret leaned back against the tree behind them and used his massive wings to cover his eyes. " I'm taking a nap too. " He said while stretching.

" Alright, night Dad- I mean dude. " George said sarcastically before giggling while Eret glared at him from just over his wing.

George turned his attention to Dream, who had his head nuzzled up to the brunette's shoulder. He gave a small smile and ran a hand through his blonde tresses. Even just for this short amount of time, he decided to let himself enjoy the peace.

He let his mind wander. Who found Dream? Who had the guts to shoot him? Was it just one person? Why was life, even after death, so chaotic? All the unanswered questions left him mildly confused. He decided to shrug them off, deeming them unnecessary.

He yawned and took off his goggles, tucking himself under his wing and using the other to pull Dream closer to him. He felt affection bubble up in his chest as he gently pet Dream's crimson ears. He was so happy to be with the imp, even if they had the occasional stupid dispute over a small, silly problem.

He admired his stubbornness. Not to mention he literally came from hell and was a sweetheart anyways. He slowly lowered his hand to Dream's and took hold of it again. He decided he wouldn't let anything bad happen to him ever again.

Right. Well, Hi y'all! 
Life's been chaotic, but it has started to calm down again and you know what that means? Daily chapters! My plan is to post a chapter from anywhere between 8 am to 8 pm. I know that's a big gap, but I just need to post a chapter any time between them. 

So anyways, I've found this really awesome underappreciated dnf story written by Moonseeded called reciprocated love and it needs more love. If you have spare time I suggest checking it out! 

Also also, I have another wattpad account where I've started writing a South Park fic too. ( Aged up characters obviously ) I decided to give an X reader a try so there's that. If you want to check that out it's Supernatural by CoralFox. 

That's all I have to say! I hope y'all are staying safe and happy! Quarantine is rough, especially with cases spiking again here in the US and if you ever need someone to talk to, you can chat here in the comments or PM me! I don't bite! 

Love y'all!!!!

Moony <3