Chapter 19

On the road (Stiles POV)

We were driving around to try and make Kate follow us instead of Derek. When suddenly Kate dissapeared behind us. We drove over to go pick Derek up.

"Get in." I said, throwing the door open and sitting in the backseat."What part of "laying low" don't you understand???" Scott asked Derek, driving away as fast as he could. "Damn it, I had him!" Derek said, frustrated with himself.

"Who? The Alpha?" I asked. "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek said impaitiently. "Whoa! Hey, they're just doing their jobs—" I said, shutting up when Derek gave me a look. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek said sarcastically.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott said defensively.

"All right. How did you find him?" I asked, trying to change the subject. When Derek didn't answer, Scott looked at hi mand said "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah, both of us!" I said loudly. When Derek gave me another look, I said "...Or, just him. I'll be back here." "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek said. "Our chemistry teacher?" I asked, putting my head between the two front seats.

"Why him?" Scott asked. "I don't know yet." Derek said. "Where is y/n? Isn't she usually part of your gang?" he then asked, looking back at me. "Don't look at me, I didn't do anything." I said, looking a bit angry at Scott. "It's my fault, I need to apologize to her for something. I'll get to it." he said. Derek gave him a nod. "Trust me, you want her by your side, she is even stronger than me." He said making me look at him in surprise.

"So What's the second?" Scott asked, trying to change the subject back to what we were talking about initially. "Some kind of symbol." Derek said, showing a drawing to us. When he saw Scott's face he asked "What? You know what this is?". "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." Scott said, making us all look at him.

At school (Your POV)

I was taking my books out of my locker when I saw Scott and Stiles in the distance. I was still pissed off at how Scott had acted, pushing himself on me. I decided I would ignore him, but that would be easier said than done. I could overhear their conversation.

"This is gonna be impossible, you know..." Scott said. "Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles asked him. "How?" Scott asked again, I really shouldn't be interested in their conversation.

"It's easy! You just say, "Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha Werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?" Stiles said, making me roll my eyes at my locker. "You're not helping." Scott said, I then heard him gasp.

I was still standing with my back towards them, trying to look busy searching for something in my locker. "You have to talk to her Scott, you need to apologize." Stiles said, I heard them come closer and I inwardly sighed.

"Y/n?" I heard Scott say to me from behind me. I turned around and took a step back. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. "So ... Two days ago... that wasn't me." He said, which made me gove him a pointed look. "Do you have a twin brother we don't know about?" I asked sarcastically. "No-I, uhm- I know it's not an excuse, but it was the full moon. It made me do those things and act like that. I don't want to you hate me fort his, I already hate myself for doing that to you." He said.