(37)

Ghost Buster

Kenzie's POV

My feet hit the ground; my right then my left. Again and again. Music is blasting through my beats as my feet don't stop moving.

We got home two days ago and everything went to hell. The guys are in a huge fight Colby and Sam on the same side where as everyone else is against them. I've been staying out of it and keeping my head up in this situation. I started going to the gym with Colby and Brennan, I run every morning and get coffee then I walk home.

Skyler opened our home to Jake, Sam, and Colby. Kat has been over everyday but sometimes Sam goes back to her apartment. Devyn hasn't talked to anyone since her and Corey broke up. Aaron has been with Corey, saying he is fine and normal since the break up.

The boys plan on moving into an apartment complex, getting three apartments but being in the same building on the same floor. Which if the landlord allows that I think that he or she is absolutely insane. The guys have been really broken and distant, I want to go travel and do some exploring but I don't know if I can convince all of them to go.

I slow down into a jog and then even slower into a walk as I make my way to the front of the Dunkin' Donuts. I pull the beats off my head and put them around my neck, going in and getting in line. I scroll through instagram for a little while I am waiting in line.

"Hi what can I get for you today?" The girl at the counter asked.

"An Iced Caramel Latte with an extra shot of espresso, please. Under Ken." I smile politely and pull out my card from my pants and sliding it into the card reader.

"Okay it will be a little wait." She smiled back and placed my receipt in my hand. I go and sit at one of the tables, scrolling through my phone waiting for my name to get called. I jump as someone slides in next to me and puts their arm around me.

"Good morning beautiful." Colby whispers softly against the side of my head as he kisses my temple. I lean my body into him and shut my phone off putting it on the table.

"Good morning." I smile and turn to look at him. "You are up early today." I run my fingers through his bed head and he shakes his head lightly after i pull my fingers away.

"Yeah I wanted to catch you before you left because I wanted to run with you but you beat me here." He smiles and kisses my nose. "So I drove to meet you here."

"Ken." A lady called from the counter and I stood up, Colby following me.

"Thank you." I smile grabbing my coffee, turning and making my way out of the store and looking for Colbys car. He placed his hand on my back and lightly pushed me in the direction his car was. Once we are in the car Colby starts it and takes off back towards the house, as soon as we pull into the drive way about ten minutes later, I see all my packages laying on the staircase.

"Yay!" I yell jumping out of Colby's car quickly, jogging to the six pretty 'big' boxes.

"What is all this?" Colby says walking next to me as he picks up a couples boxes helping me as I carry my coffee and the two small boxes. I open the door and see Sam and Jake sitting on the sofa with Sky lay on the floor.

"It's ghost equipment. I plan to do a ghost video, so I bought a bunch of equipment for it." I say placing the boxes on the floor and Colby placed the rest next to me as I sit down. He sits next to me and watches as I open each box.

"So what you bought ghost hunting equipment. Like from ghost busters." Jake joked from the sofa and stood up with Sam coming and sitting in front of us.

"No not like ghost busters idiot. There's," I pause and open the box fully pulling out an emf reader. "An EMF detector." I then pulled out a thermal camera. "A thermal camera." Then I pull out cat balls. "Cat toy trigger lights."

"So some weird stuff." Jake says and starts to play with the cat balls.

"No. I bought stuff after doing a lot of research and contacting a lot of people, who are into this stuff. I want to get into this. I think this would make better videos." I smile opening more of the boxes pulling out more equipment and seeing a bunch of weird looks from the guys as they get up and go into the kitchen. I send a quick text to Elton:

•—•

Kenzie
Hey do you want to do a ghost video with me? It is like a testing video. I bought a bunch of equipment and this will just be a test video if you are down.

Corey 🕺🏽
Uh you think I want to go ghost hunting.

Elton 🧔🏻‍♂️
We will be there to pick you up in two hours
Kenzie thumbs up the message

Kenzie
I am going to see if Sky wants to come
Corey thumbs up the message

•—•