Bets

|=====|=====|

TW/CW: N/A

Prompt: Betting

Characters: Grian, Scar

Style: Fluff

Word Count: ~500

AU: Mortuus AU

|=====|=====|

Grian and Scar had a bet, just like last season, to keep the most tamed cats, dogs and parrots alive by the end of the season. Grian had won in Season 6 and Scar was determined to win this time.

What the two didn't know was that many of the other Hermits also bet on this. They all put 5 diamonds in a chest, and it was split between whoever bet on the winner. Last season only two people bet on Grian winning, Mumbo and Iskall, and they ended up with 20 diamonds each. However, they all knew Grian better now and they knew that this was a small rivalry that would never end. Which is why, this season, every Hermit, other than Grian and Scar, had bet on it. 110 diamonds. That was how much this little bet was worth this time. It was almost an even split between the two with only two more people betting for Scar's victory. Many of those who bet for Scar were thinking that he wouldn't let himself be beaten again, and they were right.

~~^~~

February 28th, 2020

They had been in the seventh version of the Hermitcraft server for a few hours now and Grian and Scar had met up to discuss the terms of their bet this season. Sat in the beginnings of Grian's hobbit hole, the two had a book and quill in front of them with "Season 7 G+S Bets" hastily scribbled on the front.

"So, uh, I think we should start with basic rules." Scar started as he grabbed the book, "Maybe 'No killing each others pets on purpose' would be a good one."

"Yea, then we should also have 'No getting other Hermits to kill the others pets'"

"ok..." They fell into silence with only the sound of the quill scratching against paper.

It was a few minutes before either of them thought of a new rule but Grian eventually suggested,

"What about 'Bred pets count for 0.01 points'?"

"...Why?"

"Because you can breed them easily and get tons of them without having to put any effort in and I don't think that's fair."

"Makes sense to me"

They carried on this way for a while and had thought of about ten rules each, although most of them had been shot down by the other. Having about 5 rules, the two Hermits decided that they had enough and could always add more later. The first page of the book now read:

Alive Pets.

1. No killing the others pets on purpose

2. No getting the other Hermits to kill the others pets

3. Bred pets count for 0.01 points

4. You must have proof that you tamed your pets

5. Extra points if you can prove you used your own bones/fish/seeds

After talking for a while, they decided to part ways for the day. Scar headed off to Larry The Snail as Grian headed down to his strip mine to try and find some diamonds, after all the barge wasn't gonna pay for its own land yet, was it?

|=====|=====|

I hope you liked this chapter, Bye!