lannister dynasty

"Joanna, you need to stop. You two are playing with fire. Shae scolded Joanna as she took another bite in her bread. Joanna sat at the table love stricken as she handed Greywind her piece of meat

"It's not that simple. I've truly grown to care for him Shae. I was meant to marry him and in rare cases like these I cant help what I feel." She explained looking back to her friend. She understood Shaes concern but that didnt mean she could force her emotion down like that

"Joanna, he needs to marry the Frey girl. You realise how important this bridge is – for all of us." Shae replied.

Joanna huffed in annoyance as she left refusing to accept Shaes advice. Shae stabbing her food in rage of her friends stubbornness. She lifted her eyes to see Theon Greyjoy seated in front of her. Theon had grown interested in Shae since her arrival - well not frustration but rather lust. Shae never cared to give him the slightest bit of attention but that didn't stop Theon from making inappropriate comments about her or her body.

"What do you want?" She asked in annoyance

"You and I both know those two are playing a dangerous game. One more visit from them two at night and everyone will think he's fucking her. As if they don't already think that." Theon said

"Why is that you care? We all know how much you loathe Joanna." Shae retorted. Theons face stayed stoic as he answered the woman in front of him

"Despite what you may believe – I care of Robb. He's like my brother and that little whore – "

"Mind you tongue." Shae gritted her teeth as her fist clenched around the knife at hand. Theon looked to her alarmed as he cleared his throat

"The Starks are like family. I know Robb better than anyone. All he wants is his father and his sisters back but he can't do that because she continues to be a distraction."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Convince Joanna to end whatever is going on with Robb. We both know Walder Frey doesn't take insults easily." Theon answered as he marched away from the table. Shae sighed in defeat, even on her best of days she wouldnt admit it but Theon was right.
Robb was betrothed to the Frey girl and needed to stay honourable to his word. It was obvious that the two cared for one another but it would be selfish of them to put their personal feelings ahead the lives of so many others.

"My lord" Shae spoke with a sympathetic tone. They were gathered in Robbs tent but amongst his friends Robb was never addressed as a lord. Shae handed him the letter. In black ink it stood. Catelyn approached her son as he handed her the piece of parchment. She gasped in horror immediately taking a seat. Her eyes filled with tears as she handed the letter to Theon.

"Lord Stark – h- hes been beheaded. They killed him." Theon announced. Shae and Joanna eyebrows lifted at his emotions. At times it truly slipped their minds that Ned Stark was father to Theon as well. The tone shifted as all the Lords were struck by shock and grief. Robb stormed out of the tent refusing to face anyones sympathy. Catelyn rushed after her son, respectfully marching past the men who honourably gave their condolences to the now widowed Lady Stark.

Joanna stood from her chair but a hand firmly squeezed her shoulder. It was Shae. She looked to her friend with deep concern as she spoke

"Joanna don't." she ignored the warning as she followed behind Robb. Along the treelines she could see Robb crying into his mothers eyes – this being the first time shed see him cry but she understood. Ned Stark truly was a remarkable man and a devoted father even to his bastard son Robb told her so much about. Catelyn took notice of the young princess that hid behind the trees. Extending her arm she gestured for Joanna to approach her son. Joanna idly walked closer as Catelyn held her hand and intertwined it with Robbs.