90

Colby's POV

Violet didn't say anything as we silently played the game. I knew she was trying to keep herself together which broke my heart. I knew Violet was strong, but I could tell she was breaking on the inside.

"Last floor." Violet said quietly as I took her hand, rubbing my thumb along it. We both watched as the doors opened, revealing the empty lobby. "We did it." I said quietly as she nodded. "Yeah." She said then walked out of the elevator, dropping my hand.

"Violet.." I whispered as she turned to me. "Yes?" She asked quietly. "Are you okay?" I asked as she nodded and reached her hand out to me again.

I could tell she was keeping it together as best as she could but I didn't want to pry so I just took her hand and held it tightly, offering as much comfort as I could.

"Do you think they're in the room?" Violet asked quietly as we walked towards the stairs. "Probably since they aren't down here." I said as she nodded.

We both silently decided we would rather walk up 10 flights of stairs than get back in the elevator. "I'm never using an elevator again." Violet said as we slowly made our way up the stairs.

"Same. I still can't believe it worked." I said and squeezed her hand just a little tighter. "Me neither." She whispered then opened the door for the tenth floor.

When we walked back to the room I knocked on the door. Sam opened it a couple seconds later, "Thank god." He whispered then pulled me in for a hug. Violet walked into the room without saying anything as I hugged Sam.

"Are you guys okay?" Sam asked as I pulled away. "Physically, yeah." I said as we walked into the room. I watched as Violet silently pulled out clothes from her suitcase then walked towards the bathroom.

"Did something happen?" Corey asked as she closed the door. "She saw her parents." I said quietly so she wouldn't hear me through the door. "Holy shit is she okay?" Sam asked as I shrugged, "I'm not sure. She hasn't really talked to me." I said as he frowned.

"She'll open up..I'm sure that was hard for her." Sam said as I nodded. "I thought for a second she wasn't going to come back with me." I admitted then sat down on the bed. "I mean, do you blame her? I don't know if I would want to leave my dead parents either." Jake said as Corey slapped his arm.

I opened my mouth to respond but quickly shut it as the bathroom door opened. "What?" Violet asked as we all silently stared at her. "Nothing. Are you hungry?" I asked as she went to put her clothes in her suitcase.

"It's like...5am." She said then sat on the couch and pulled her legs up to her chest. "So that's a no...?" Jake asked as she nodded. "I just want to go to bed. You're more than welcome to get food without me." She said then stood up so she could grab a blanket from the chair next to the bed.

"I think V is onto something...we should probably sleep since it's been a long night." Sam said as I watch Violet carefully. She seemed to be doing fine but I could tell she was trying to keep herself together for the most part.

We all got ready for bed as Violet got herself situated on the couch. I wanted to argue with her and tell her she was sleeping on the bed with Sam and I but I didn't want to upset her more than she already was. I think she just needed some time to process what had happened.

"Goodnight guys." Violet said as I walked over to the pull out bed. "Goodnight baby." I said then leaned down and kissed her. She smiled at me slightly then turned her back to me and pulled the blanket over her shoulder.

I leaned down and kissed her head then walked towards the bed as Sam turned off the light. When I got into the bed I felt Sam pat me on the shoulder. "Glad you guys are okay." He whispered as I nodded. "Me too, man." I said then got comfortable.

I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling for a while as my mind raced. I couldn't believe that Violet and I were trapped in an alternate reality. I couldn't believe that Violet got to see her parents and actually hug them. I can't believe I got to meet them.

None of it seemed real.

I didn't know how long I sat there, awake with my thoughts, before I heard a light sniffle from the couch. I felt my heart break in my chest, knowing that Violet was trying to keep it together until we all fell asleep.

Too bad I wasn't asleep.

I quietly slid out of bed then walked over to the couch as Violet's cries stifled. I didn't say anything as I crawled into the small pullout bed with her and wrapped my arms around her.

It only took a second for Violet to turn around in my arms and cry into my chest. "Shhhh...it's okay baby. I'm here." I whispered and combed my fingers through her hair as she silently cried.

I could feel my heart breaking as she burried her face deeper into my chest. "It's okay...cry it out." I whispered then kissed her head.

"I miss them so much." Violet whispered as I tightened my grip on her. "I know..I know." I cooed and continue to play with her hair until she calmed down. "Can we go on a walk?" Violet asked quietly as she leaned back to look at me. "Of course." I whispered then kissed her forehead.

We quietly got out of bed then got dressed in more appropriate clothes. I took Violet's hand as he wiped her nose with her other hand.

"I'm so sorry, V." I said as we walked down the hall. "It's okay..I'm just...I don't know." She said and looked down at her feet. "You don't have to explain anything. I know how hard that was for you." I said as she shook her head.

"I'm just torn. I'm happy that I got the closure but...this feels like how it felt when I found out they died. I don't know if I can do it again." She said as I frowned. "You've got me this time, V. I'm gonna make sure you get through this." I said as she nodded.

"I love you." She said as I stopped and turned her so she was looking at me. "I love you, too. Never forget that okay?" I asked as she nodded and stood on her tip toes to kiss me.

We walked around the hotel for a little while longer so that Violet could calm down a little more. When we got back to the room we walked to the pullout bed carefully so we wouldn't wake the guys.

It didn't take long for us to fall asleep this time since we were both exhausted. Luckily when you're that exhausted you don't dream, because I was honestly afraid of what my mind would come up with after the experience we had today.

"Dude, wake up." Sam said and shook my shoulder as I tightened my grip on Violet. "What?" I groaned as he shook my shoulder again. "We have to check out." Sam said as Violet stirred next to me. "Right now?" I groaned then cracked my eyes open, revealing the bright room.

"Yeah, it's almost 3 dude." Sam said as Violet and I sat up. "Oops." Violet said next to me as she rubbed her eyes. "Where are Jake and Corey?" I asked, looking around the room noticing they were gone. "They're downstairs. We wanted to let you guys sleep for as long as possible." Sam said as we got up.

"Thanks, Sam." Violet said then turned to put her shoes on. "You're welcome, V. How are you feeling by the way?" He asked as I put my shoes on. "I'm okay. I just want to sleep." She admitted as Sam nodded. "Lucky for you we'll be home in an hour." He said as we grabbed our bags.

"Well looks who's finally awake." Jake teased as we walked towards them. "Shut up." Violet grumbled then threw her hood over her head. "Someone isn't a morning person." Corey said then punched her lightly in the arm.

"I wouldn't mess with her." I said with a laugh as she smacked his hand away with force. "Oh shit! Yeah...okay I call front seat and away from Violet." Corey said as Violet grinned and took my hand.

"Works for me." I said then started walking towards the parking deck. Once we got there we all piled in, I sat in the back with Violet and Jake. Corey sat up front and Sam drove.

It didn't take long for Violet to fall asleep against my shoulder as I leaned my head against the window. I took a second to be grateful that we were all leaving the hotel in one piece.

I was grateful that we were finally going home.