25 - the burrow

NEW CAST

CLAIRE FOY as GRETA EARLSTONE
(Athena's mother)

CLAIRE FOY as GRETA EARLSTONE (Athena's mother)

-

After what felt like the longest train journey, the Hogwarts Express finally pulled into Kings Cross Station. The students filling the carriage progressed to gather their things and exit the train.

Cedric had met Athena before they walked onto the platform and stayed beside her as he wanted to meet her mother.

They queued to collect their trunks and once they had them, Athena spotted her mother who stood beside Mr and Mrs Weasley as well as Hermione's parents. They all seemed chuffed to be seeing their children again after months of being without them

She approached her mother who maternally pulled her daughter into a loving hug, wearing a grand smile on her face.

Her mother was a pretty woman, in her late thirties, who possessed subtlety elegant features and bright, blue eyes which resembled Athena's.

"Oh my darling! How wonderful it is to see you!"she gushed. "I've missed you terribly!"

"I missed you too Mum,"Athena smiled.

Her mother tore her vision away from Athena and peered up at the tall, handsome 7th year stood in front of her.

"Oh! And you must be the lovely chap my daughter's been telling me all about in her letters," she smiled. "Cedric isn't it?"

"Yes ma'am," he blushed.

"Oh don't be silly, love. Call me Greta,"she said.  "Well I'll be right back. I'm just going to go and thank Mrs Weasley for the cottage pie recipe she's lent me."

She threw another cheesy smile at them both before scurrying off to the large group Weasley's.

"I'll see you in a couple of days then,"Cedric smiled, bringing his hands to her face, craning his head downwards and placing a tender kiss on her lips.

"I love you,"she uttered, once he pulled away.

"I love you too,"he whispered, before walking away to probably meet his parents who were apparently at the other end of the platform.

Her heart fluttered in despair as she watched him walk away from her, but she felt slightly better when remembering she would be seeing his beautiful face again in a couple of days.