Chapter 23

A bipedal white pokemon materialised. It had green hair, red eyes, graceful figure and red fin impaled in its chest. The psychic type opened its eyes and gave a elegant cry.

"And Ash has chosen Gardevoir as his first and last pokemon," Pierre said.

The crowd looked at the embrace pokemon with awe. Never in their life they've seen a Gardevoir that beautiful. Anyone could tell it was very well taken care of and powerful as well.

"I must say that I haven’t seen a Gardevoir like that one in a while," said Aria.

"That's even more graceful than Lady Diantha's. I'm impressed Ash," Wallace said with a nod.

People were taking out their phones and took pictures of the embrace. Some started to record the battle as well.

The performers and coordinators were commenting on its coting.

"Anyone can mistake it with a Contest  Champion's pokemon," said May with admiration. Pikachu was already ready to take a nap, because Ash was going to win it anyways, even with the odds.

Gardevoir looked a bit confused and looked back at Ash with a look.

Ash knew what she was thinking.

"We are having a contest battle," Ash explained. "It's a 2 vs 1 format, think you handle it?" he asked. Gardevoir looked at its two opponents who were already in a battle stance. She looked back at Ash with a smile and gave a confident nod, before taking her stance as well, ready for battle.

"Let this long waited momentary battle, begin," Pierre declared as the audience cheered.

Drew was jealous to the fact how people were admiring Ash and his pokemon, but still, he couldn’t help but agree that his Gardevoir is a really beautiful one.

'Let's see. Absol is at a disadvantage and Roserade is with an advantage. But Gardevoir has advantage over both of them. I have to be careful,'  Drew thought before giving his first command.

"Both of you, use Shadow Ball."

Absol and Roserade charged up the super effective Ghost type move and shot it at Gardevoir, who just stood there unfazed, as the attack hit the target. There was a small explosion.

Drew along with everyone else were shocked that Ash didn’t gave any command and let the Psychic/Fairy type take those critical hits.

"If he is trying to show off Gardevoir's endurance by letting it take the attacks, that's really unacceptable," Kenny said frowning as most people agreed with him and commented something like that.

"Ash is not that type of trainer," May muttered to herself reassuringly.

Ash heard the comments too and sweatdropped.

'C'mon people, let the smoke clear up first,'    he thought annoyingly.

The dust cleared up. Everyone gasped as they saw the embrace holding some sort of shield in front it, not taking a single damage.

Pierre immediately understood what happened.

"It seems Gardevoir used Reflect to defend against the upcoming attack without a command," he explained as people started cheering.

'Oh yeah. The without command shit,'  Drew thought sarcastically. 'Lets try something else.'

"Roserade use Petal Blizzard and Absol, Icy Wind," he commanded a combination.

Roserade summoned the storm of petal on the battlefield. Absol added Icy Wind to it, resulting in a beautiful sparkling storm around the room. Gardevoir was taking a bit damage as well. Everyone applauded on the combination and started praising it, while some took pictures of it. Even May was impressed.