18

Today was the last day before the start of the new semester.

Students had been given a week to fully settle into the dorms. You had spent most of your days out in the training fields attempting to build your stamina.

After recent events you realized Aizawa had been right, you needed to learn how to defend yourself without entirely relying on your quirk.

And although strength and cardio training were useful, you still hated it.

Luckily though you found that actually getting a decent amount of sleep during the night helped quite a bit.

You and Bakugou had come to some sort of unspoken agreement. He came to your dorm every night, and neither of you would say anything. You just slept, and every morning when you woke up he was gone.

The nightmares didn't go away, of course, trauma didn't heal that easily. But when you were pulled awake each night filled with terror his presence was calming.

Knowing that you weren't completely alone managed to calm your nerves, and you would typically be able to fall back asleep.

This morning after waking up and getting ready, someone knocked on your door.

You gave Bubbles a pinch of his food and went to open it.

Aizawa stood outside holding two cups of coffee in his hands. "Morning."

"Um morning, what's up?"

He handed you one of the cups. "I've seen you training on your own these past few days. That's really great, but I need you to take a break today."

Today was supposed to be a cardio day, so you were completely fine with skipping. "Ok is there something else I need to do?"

"Yeah, I need you to go to the Development Studio. A girl from the Department Of Support Studies will be there waiting. She has your hero costume ready, you just need to review and see if any adjustments should be made."

"Oh my gosh really?" You were excited now, having an outfit that could actually work with your abilities would be extremely useful.

"Yes, she knows everything about your quirk and seemed really proud of what she put together for you. Eat some breakfast and then head over there once you're done."

He left and you quickly put on shoes and headed down to the dining area.

After grabbing a tray of food you walked over to the table where Sero, Koda, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Bakugou were sitting.

"Hey, Y/N how's it going?" Kaminari asked as he swiped a piece of bread off of Kirishima's tray.

"Hey! I was gonna eat that!"

You laughed and sat down. "It's actually going pretty great. You ready for class to start tomorrow?"

"Not really, I've kinda enjoyed these past few days of freedom."

Koda tapped your shoulder. "How is Bubbles doing? Everything still good?"

"Bubbles is doing awesome, he and I are like totally best friends."

Bakugou raised his eyebrows. "That fish of yours is named Bubbles?"

"Yes because Bubbles is a perfect name for a cute and pure fish. And not even you can make it sound bad."

He was quiet for a second and then repeated the name. "Bubbles."

You smiled. "See, it just doesn't work. He won't be getting any of your negativity."