The statue

I approached the strange statue. It looked like it had been there for years, it was covered in moss and other greenery. It has one arm stretched out as if to shake my hand, a top hat, and one eye in the middle of its triangular body. But the oddness of it didn't bother me. I thought that if I cleaned it up, got rid of some of the cracks, and placed some nice plants around it, it would be an amazing centerpiece.

With that in mind, I started to peel off the moss. After a minute, I found myself talking to the statue. "Hey, my name's (y/n), is a pleasure to meet you." I started. "I hope you don't mind my intrusion here, but I think I can make this place even more beautiful than it already is."

I continued to remove some grass from the top hat. "You know, I need to get some stuff off my chest, so I'm going to tell you. Don't tell anyone else." I wasn't expecting a response, but it made me feel better to treat the statue as if it were alive. "My siblings, Dipper and Mabel, don't like me much. I know they only see me as an annoyance. I try my hardest to get them to like me, but nothing seems to work. They don't do anything bad to me, they just ignore me. It makes me feel lonely most of the time, but maybe coming here will be a fresh start for me. I can make friends, and build a cabin here. That's my main goal, building a cabin. Maybe I can get one of my gruncles to help from time to time." I stopped.

My throat felt tight, and I could see my arms shaking. I don't know when I started crying, but a few drops now darkened some of the statue, I wiped my eyes and quickly stood up. The statue was now clean of any moss or grass, and I could see the sun setting behind the trees. I took one last look at the statue, biding it good night, and promising I would be back tomorrow. Then I set off towards the mystery shack.