four.

I instantly looked up towards the large group of people seated at the back of the class. I stopped and let go of Tommy's shoulders and walked towards the group.

Tommy followed behind me to get back to his seat, which was currently being occupied by someone random.

"What's going on?" I said as I tilted my head.

"You went out for so long, they kept asking questions we didn't know answers to," Izzy said looking visibly distressed.

I walked towards my table and opened the top, revealing my books and phone underneath it. Ah it's was here all along

After awhile, the same group of people came back and started asking us more questions. It felt like we were doing a Q&A with our fans, but instead of fans it was obviously people who wanted to befriend us to get closer with our other friends.

As the next class started, the teacher I assumed was taking the class strut into the class. He wore sunglasses at the top of his head and had a very baggy shirt patterned shirt paired with brown tights.

"Class, class please greet me," he said as he waited for us to get up and greet him.

"You four over there at the back, did you just arrive?" He promptly said after we greeted him. We nodded at him as he walked towards all of us, bringing the attention of the whole class to us.

"I don't like the energy here, I am going to rearrange the seats," he said as he flicked his right hand and walked to the front. I looked to my left and right with a perplexed expression. What in the world does this guy want?

He switched our seats, making me shift all the way to the right of the second last row and putting Izzy beside me. Then making Oliver sit behind me with Tommy in between him and Jacob.

The bell finally rang, as I slowly packed my bag while the whole group of people came back to pester us. I could see Tommy walking in between mine and Oliver's tables, so I grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and pulled it discreetly. I didn't need to say anything, he knew that I wanted to leave.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me while moving his eyes towards the school entrance.

"Sorry guys I gotta go!" I quickly said as I carried my bag and ran after Tommy. I heard everyone's goodbyes as I quickly left the class. Once we were at the bus stop, I walked towards Tommy and put in my earbud into his left ear.

"Thank you for that," I said as I looked at the road.

Life's alright in devil town
Yeah, right, no one's gonna catch us now

The lyrics of the song flowed through both sides of my ear piece as we listened to it. Suddenly, he unplugged the earpiece from my phone and put it into his. The song he started playing wasn't familiar to me, but I just continued to listen to its lyrics.

Let's fall in love for the night
And forget in the mornin'

He listened to love songs? It was quite funny considering his online persona was being an annoying 16 year old. I looked at him as we sat next to each other in the bus. It was nice to see him so relaxed. He looked so peaceful, and happy.

"Why are you staring at me? Did you finally figure out how good looking I am?" He said jokingly as he nudged my right arm. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"My parents said they were going to be home today, I hope," I said to break the silence. He looked up the to his left to properly look at me.

"Do you want me to come over?" He asked. I didn't answer, I just laid my head on his arm. He knew that my parents were probably not going to show up even if they said they were going to. He knew that I would be disappointed. He knew that my parents would just send me a gift as an apology. He knew the whole routine.

He changed the subject as we walked home from the bus stop. Then he grabbed my shoulders and looked down at me saying, "Y/N I'll be here at 7 what do you want to eat? I'll ask my mom to make more for me to bring over."

"Anything, everything your mom cooks is delicious," I said as I gave a big toothy smile. The smile I only gave to someone I was close to. I was told by my parents that I had an ugly smile, so I trained myself to get a nicer smile. I thought that was one of the reasons that always kept them away from me.

A quarter to 7 and even Tommy had arrived before my parents. I looked down at the food on the table and then towards my right to Tommy.

"Let's just start," I said in the most dejected tone I've ever heard. He started to take off the cling wrap on the food as I got out of my seats to take out plates from my kitchen.

The door bell suddenly rang.

884 words