Chapter Nine

Zenitsu slid open a shoji door, the room was dimly lit. "Zenitsu-san, please drop my leg. I don't appreciate being dragged around like this."

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Zenitsu screamed, dropping Mono's leg with a loud thud.

"Zenitsu-san, it's just me." Mono said to the trembling male. The petite girl stood up, brushing the dirt off. Zenitsu gripped on to the girl's uniform. "DID YOU SEE THE MONSTER MONO-CHAN!!!!"

"Please don't yell at me, and what monster are you talking about?" Mono asked. The blonde haired male was shocked. 'DID SHE SERIOUSLY NOT SEE IT!!'

"There was a monster that came out from under a shelf." Shoichi said, pointing in the direction they came from. Mono looked in the direction, she unwrapped the chain that rested around her arm. She pointed at the door.

"Zenitsu-san, protect Shoichi." Mono said, pointing at the boy.

"Guhee hee! I'm going to suck out your brain matter from your ears." The demon said. Zenitsu stiffed at the thought of his brain matter being sucked out by a demon. The boy passed out, nearly landing on Shoichi. "Zenitsu-san!" Shoichi cried out, shaking the blonde male. Zenitsu didn't budge.

'He's alseep.'

'He's asleep?'

The two thought. The demon laughed at the sight of Zenitsu. Poor Shoichi was scared, he kept shaking Zenitsu, but there was no sign of movement. "Die!" He yelled out, his tongue stretched out to the girl. Mono brought her blade up, she was about to slice the tongue, but someone beat her to it.

*Blink. Blink*

Mono looked behind her and saw Zenitsu standing. His bangs covered his eyes, his breathing was slowed down. "Shoichi, did you wake him up?" The boy shook his head, he stared up at Zenitsu.

'He's asleep!'

"Mono-nee, he's still asleep." Shoichi said pointing to the blonde male. Mono looked at the little boy, confused. She looked back up at Zenitsu and realized that he was right. Zenitsu bent down, hands on his sword. At the speed of light he sliced the demon's head off. Mono stared at the male, Zenitsu's eyes opened. "Nn-Guu.." His eyes went wide when he saw the demon dead.

"EEYAAAH!!!!! IT'S DEAD!! WHAT'S GOING ON, IT DIED INSTANTLY!!" The boy cried out. His eyes then landed on Mono. He immediately hugged the girls waist, knees on the floor. "Mono-chan, you saved us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" The blonde male gushed at the petite girl.

"Uh...I didn't do that." Mono said looking down at Zenitsu. Zenitsu's eyes landed on Shoichi. "Shoichi, saved us?" Mono was about to stop the male. Zenitsu clung to Shoich's clothes, thanking him repeatedly. "Come on we should get moving." Mono said to the two males.

The two followed behind the girl.

*bong*

The room flipped, the three of them were falling through the doors. Zenitsu grabbed Mono and Shoichi, and pulled them close to his chest. The three of them flew out of the door, falling down to the ground.

"Zenitsu-san!" Shoichi and Mono yelled. Mono was shaking the unconscious male. "Is he okay, Mono-nee?" Mono looked at the young male and nodded.
"He's fine, just unconscious. Don't worry." Mono said, standing up. She pat the boy's head.

***

Zenitsu groaned in pain, his eyes started opening. "Zenitsu-san!" Shoichi cried running over to the boy. Mono walked over as well, sitting the blonde male up.

"How's your head?"

"My head? Why? What happened?" Zenitsu asked looking into the girl's pink orbs. "We fell out of the second story window!" Shoichi said. Mono nodded, "You protected us from the fall." Mono added. Zenisu felt all giddy, he had a smile on his face. "Really?" He said, rubbing the back of his head.