Chapter 12: Reunion

AN: the chapter you've all been waiting for. The reunion. Enjoy people.

Lila's POV:

Nervously wiping my palms on my jeans, I walked up to large oak door. I swallowed and rang the doorbell. The driver had left and I breathed shakily.

The door opened to reveal Xander. He had dark bags under his eyes and looked shocked to see me.

"Hey Xander," I grinned weakly, "happy to see me?"

"Lila," Xander sobbed and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug. I allowed my tears to fall freely and we hugged each other tightly. I felt a wetness on my hair and knew my brother was crying as well.

"Never leave me," he whispered and hugged me even tighter and kissed my cheek, "I love you, Lila."

I smiled, "I love you too, Xander."

"Xander, who's at the door?" I heard Aless call.

Xander released me reluctantly, but smiled broadly, "Come and see for yourself!"

I heard the heavy steps of my eldest brother coming towards us and stopping short when he saw me, "Lila," he breathed out and extended his arms for a hug. I ran up to him and he captured me in a warm hug. Full of crying now, he pulled away and bent down, cupping my face with his hands, "you're alive... I love you, Principessa."

"I love you too, Aless," I smiled and hugged him again.

"What's this?" I heard Drake say, "Who is- Lila?"

"Hey Drake," I smiled wider than the Cheshire Cat, "Miss me?"

Drake charged forward, pulled me out of Alessandro's grasp- much to the older brother's chagrin- and began squeezing the life out of me.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Thank you," he said and I buried my face in the crook of his neck and hugged him back tightly, "I love you so damn much, Teresoro."

"I love you too, Drake," I whispered back.

"Okay, it's my turn now," Axel yanked me out of Drake's grip and embraced me, "you scared me so much, neonata," he said quietly, "never leave us again, please. I love you."

"I love you too, Axe," I smiled, "and I'm not going anywhere."

"Hey! I want to hug her too!" Vito pulled me out of Axel's hug and clasped me firmly, "I missed you. I love you, Lila."

"I love you too, Vito."

I looked towards Olly who had tears in his eyes and a twinkle cheerfully. He wrapped his arms around me, the gesture speaking a thousand unsaid words.

"I love you," he whispered hoarsely.

"I love you too, Olly," I said back.

For the first time in a long time, I felt safe, loved and happy.

Third Person's POV:

That night, the Vincenti family felt happier and more complete than they had in quite a while. The brothers passed their precious girl around like a present, but she didn't mind. She was happy to be safe and loved with her brothers. They laughed and caught up with each other on what was happening in the last two years. Even when Lila went to bed, her brothers grabbed some pillows and blankets and slept in her room next to her.

Meanwhile, up in heaven, Mr and Mrs Vincenti were smiling down upon their children.

"We raised the boys well," Mr. Vincenti chuckled.

"Indeed we did," Mrs. Vincenti leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her daughters forehead, "I'm so proud of you," she was sad that she missed her daughter's life but she would always watch over Lila.

Lila's squirmed a little, felling a comforting presence surrounding her. Instinctively, Drake gripped her hand a little tighter and she stopped moving and fell back into a deep sleep.

The brothers were happy to have their sister back.
The sister was happy to be reunited with her brothers.
And nothing was going to separate them again.
For even though they might be miles apart, brothers and sister would always be connected by heart.

End of chapter 12.

Oh wow... no, I'm not crying. It's just some dude cutting up onions next to me.

Next chapter will be an epilogue and the FINALE of the 'Running' series.

Thanks for reading and stay safe :)