Edge of the Crater

Back in the labyrinthine buildings atop the crater, the explorers find themselves tired after fighting a hulking beast of a lost. It had white armor, warped to fit its mutated form, and carried a massive mace that covered much of the small space it was guarding.

After that (kinda bullshit) fight came another building, this one taller and more spacious than most others they've been to, and inside it there was a mistle they could use to rest before climbing a ladder and moving on.

Sliding down the ladder, (Y/N) came bearing news to his companions.

(Y/N): There's more lost up there, but it's only one in this section. Probably more up ahead though...

He bit down on some of his fruit snacks, getting some delicious and nutritious, and very room temperature sustenance.

Yakumo: Thanks for scouting. Now let's get going before we make you late...

Yakumo narrowed his eyes in a mischievous manner.

Yakumo: Big brother.

(Y/N) started choking on his food. He hadn't been called that in a long time, and coming from someone as "sizeable" as Yakumo was, as he put it...

(Y/N): *Cough* Don't. It feels wrong when you say it.

Yakumo: What? But you tried so hard to make it a thing, you even had your cheesy one-liner.

(Y/N): What are you talking about?

Luca: It's true. Something something, "leave it to big brother", something about saving the thirsting revenants.

Mia: Maybe it's because he has a younger sister? Is this better big bro...

Mia herself develops a pensive look. Brows furrowed and eyes closed.

Mia: You're right. It really does feel wrong.

Luca: Maybe it's because he's not brotherly at all.

(Y/N): Wow, you really just took the awkward situation and twisted it into an insult. Shouldn't we get going? We should get going. Lead the way Louis.

Louis: You got it. Remember people, there's still no telling how much we have to go, so pace yourselves.

Luca: Come on, how much more time could this place possibly take?

They got lost immediately. Thanks Luca.

Despite this section being easier to navigate, the spaces were even less distinguishable than before. Walking up and down the seemingly endless sets of stairs, climbing ladders, switching from tower to tower, everything simply looked the same and was filled with similar lost.

So instead of narrating the entire ordeal, here's some highlights...

Pretty early on, Luca spots something out of the corner of her eye. Her personal saving grace...

Luca: Yes! We meet once again my sweet.

Dashing off outside, she loses the others after rounding the archway leading outside.

Louis: Something sounds exciting. Wonder what she found.

Mia: Is it safe for her to be unaccompanied though?

(Y/N): Never leave an amnesiac.

Yakumo: She can handle herself.

The two answers came out at the same time, and the two men stare each other down for a second. Well, (Y/N) stares up at the absolute unit that is Yakumo. Until something breaks through the tension.