Chapter 30 - Istaqbaal (استقبال)

It was just the first day of Huzaifas arrival to the haveli and now it was deep in the night. The surprise cot gifted by Safiya and Bilal was placed in their room.
A sleeping Huzaifa was laid in it earlier and was sleeping peacefully.

Laiba had been napping earlier so now she felt awake. And seeing her husband and son deep asleep made her very much bored too. She laid on her elbow chuckling at Arifs face. Remembering his horrified face from the delivery room. "My big baby" she mumbled stroking his hairs. He was knackered and now finally had the time to sleep.

"Waaah" a small cry broke the heavy silence in the room.

Laiba began shifting her body getting up to attend to her son. She winced a little, since the bodily change brought great discomfort. But still she pushed herself of the bed and to her baby.

"Why is my baby crying..huh? Is my baby hungry?" Laiba asked the baby, as if it would respond.

"Wehhn"

"And I will take that as a yes" she responded to the baby's little squeal.

Rocking the baby she sat on the bed and settled Huzaifa on her lap. She pulled the buttons of her shirt down and tried to do it exactly the way the nurse had instructed her.

"Eeikh" she jumped a little, her little boy sure was hungry.

"What are you doing?" Arif woke up upon hearing her eek.

"Nothing go back to sleep" she assured him.

He glanced up, making sure all was good and then shut his eyes back. A while later he heard her shuffling a little.

"Give him to me" he said rubbing his eyes to open them whilst yawning.

"It's ok I got this" Laiba smiled.

"You shouldn't be moving this much right now..give him to me" he said taking the baby from her and placing the sleeping baby back in the cot.

Laiba stayed sitting on the bed admiring her husbands care. Arif came back to bed, this time he put his head on Laiba's lap and encircled his arms around her waist.

"So kyu nahi rahin?" He asked her in husky sleep full voice, his face pushing against the softness of her loose belly.

"Abhi sojaongi..neendh hi nahi arahi"

He looked up at her, "Acha Chalo baat kartein hein phir" he turned around, he lay on his back, head still in her lap and hands playing with her hands.

"Kya baat karein" she smiled

"You wanted 9 more kids right, karlogi 9 aur deliveries" he teased .

"Bilkul nahi! Mujhe thori patah tha ke itna dard hoga...I don't think I can do it..bus yeh ek hi kafi hai" she said remembering the pain and effort the delivery took.

"Haha. Chalo idhar ao, lay down" he said moving back to his pillow and opening an arm for her.

She dived in and sleep consumed the both of them. His embrace somehow managed to relax her to the point that she slept, even when not tired.
———

An exhausted Safiya laid on a tired Bilal. She traced random patterns on his abs tickling him a little.

"Kya karahi ho?" He asked holding back a laughter from the tickles.

"Sochrahi hu"

"Aur kya sochrahi ho?" He placed a hand on her bare shoulder peeking out of his shirt, looking down at her and making her look up.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें