4: The weirdo on Maple Street.

Y/n's pov

"Is there a number we can call? for your parents?" Mike asked the scared girl.

"What happened to your hair?...Do you have cancer!?" Dustin remarked, making me nudge him in the side with my elbow.

"Dustin, you can't just ask someone if they have cancer!" I scolded.

"Did you run away?!" Lucas asked, well more like yelled.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked.

"Hold on. Is that blood?" I asked, my eyes going wide.

Lucas reached his hand toward her, but Mike slapped it away, making the girl look even more scared and confused.

"Stop it, you're freaking her out!" Mike yelled.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas and I yelled in unison.

I realized I had been yelling, and quickly closed my mouth.

I felt really bad for this girl, I didn't need to be yelling.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin said looking at me, but I just shrugged, nodding for him to go on.

Dustin clapped his hands together loudly, and the girl flinched at the sudden noise.

"Nope, not deaf." He said in an almost disappointed tone.

"Alright, that's enough!!" Mike yelled.

"Yeah, she's just scared and cold! Micheal, get some clean clothes." I yelled at the boys.

Dustin and Lucas finally shut up, and Mike walked over to the laundry machine and grabbed some clean, folded clothes.

"Here, these clothes are for you. It's okay, I promise we won't hurt you." I spoke softly, and she calmed down a bit at the tone of my voice.

She rubbed the folded clothes on her cheek, which was kind of weird, she then stood up and reached down, attempting to take her shirt off in front of all of us. For me, it's no big deal, but for the boys... Just, no.

"No, no!" Mike and I said in unison, freaking out. Mike put his hands on hers to stop her from pulling her shirt up.

"Woah!" Lucas yelled.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Dustin said.

"Woah!" Lucas said again.

She looked scared because of all of our yelling, so Mike conveyed a better idea. "Over there is a bathroom, for privacy, get it?"

She calmed down, and nodded, walking towards the bathroom with Mike trailing behind her.

"This is mental." Dustin came to the conclusion of.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Maybe?? No, no, it's for sure." Lucas shook his head.

"At least she can talk." Mike shrugged, coming back from the bathroom.

"She said 'No' and 'Yes', your three-year-old sister can say more!" Lucas whisper yelled.

Mike glared at him.

"She tried to get naked!" Dustin said.

"There's something seriously wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head." Lucas said.

She just went like..." Dustin expressed, pulling his arms up, like she had almost did. He kept doing that gesture a couple more times before he knocked his hat off.

I went over and picked it up, putting it back on his head for him and adjusting his hair, untucking certain curls.

He went a bit red, but I ignored it.