6 | To My Rescue | 6

Sapnap POV

"He's coming." I whispered, turning my attention directly to Karl. His eyes widened, but he stayed silent.

I couldn't hear anything but the sound of the rain forcefully hitting the concrete with each second passing. My heart was racing and my mind was spinning.

What would happen if he found us? Would we go to jail?

Alas, the policeman turned the corner, meeting eyes with the both of us. I clung to Karl immediately. We both sat, basically frozen. We only looked at the policeman for a split second until he yelled a loud, "Hey!" reaching out his hand and placing a plan on my wrist.

I closed my eyes, keeping them shut until the pressure of his hand on my wrist was gone. Suddenly, I felt a large impact hit my chest.

It was the policeman.

He fell forward into me. He seemed to be asleep from all I could see. I turned my vision to the back of his head and to my surprise, dark red blood drenched his hair. It all centered from a rather large, sharp, and shining knife.

My eyes widened in realization that a dead body had been dropped onto my chest. I felt a sort of coldness run through my spine and I was certain it wasn't from the rain. I was practically hyperventilating at the fact I'd never seen a dead body in person before.

I jumped up immediately, stepping backwards slowly and bumping into Karl. I looked forward, seeing two figures in the rain. One of them had another knife in his hand, tossing it up and down as if it were a toy.

"Bad! Skeppy!" Karl beamed, running over to them and taking me with him. They all seemed to ignore the dead body laying on the ground and the blood that decorated the concrete. Was I the only one freaking out about this?!

"Karl! Sup, man!" One of the figures hugged Karl as if it were some type of family reunion. I stood awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. I was extremely shaken up from what I had noticed just now. "You called us and we came as quickly as possible but Bad kept complaining about which throwing knives to bring."

"Skeppy, I already told you! Size is very important when it comes to my special knives!" He hugged the knife he was holding as if it were his own child. The other boy laughed with rolling eyes and Karl giggled.

"Who's this?" The boy with the knife asked as soon as I laid eyes on him. His voice immediately went from cheerful to cold, pulling the knife he was holding close to my neck.

I broke a sweat, staring at my reflection in the knife and holding my hands in the air, defensively. With one movement my neck could be chopped clean off. I decided to stay silent.

"Hey! No! That's my friend, Nick." Karl pushed the knife away, smiling to me. I smiled back trying to act normal. Everything was not okay.

"Nick, this is Darryl. We call him BadBoyHalo in the gang. He's really mean on the outside, but when you get to know him he's a complete ray of sunshine." Karl pointed to the boy who almost dug a knife 6 inches into my neck. I waved nervously. Darryl waved with a small smile.

"That's Zak. We call him Skeppy because of his quick reflexes with guns. It's what he specializes in. He's the prankster and probably the funniest one." Karl explained, pointing to the one next to Darryl. He waved to me first, smiling. I waved back shortly.

"Guys, this is Nick. One of my closest friends. He just helped me steal a shirt and we were on the run from the cops!" Karl pointed to me with a hint more excitement in his voice. I looked around at the group, trying to get familiar with my surroundings.

Zak; Skeppy. Darryl; BadBoyHalo. I kept repeating those two phrases in my head until I couldn't think correctly anymore. I was quickly snapped back into reality by Darryl speaking.

"Guys, we're out in the pouring rain and I can't be caught in the area of another dead body. Can we please go back to base? Boss needs Skeppy, anyways." Darryl pleaded. I looked around with a questionable look. Boss? Base? What were they on about?

"Oh~ sure!" Karl happily agreed, beginning to walk. I followed him while Zak and Darryl followed us.

We eventually reached a black truck which I assumed was owned by Zak or Darryl. I was correct. Darryl walked to the side of the car, sitting in the driver's seat and waiting for us all to get in.

Zak sat in the passenger seat while Karl and I sat in the backseats with each other. Darryl quickly pulled off, going rather faster than I expected.

Zak turned on the music, beginning to vibe with the song 'Heat Waves' by Glass Animals. I decided to follow in his footsteps, dancing in my seat a little myself.

"Nick.." Karl mumbled, putting his hand on mine. I immediately turned my attention to him. He was sat closer to me than he was a few minutes ago, but I decided to ignore it.

"I kept your new shirt warm in your hoodie pocket! So it wasn't all for waste!" Karl dug in the hoodie's pockets, eventually pulling out the shirt I picked out and handing it to me. I smiled warmly to him and he did the same to me.

He dropped his head onto my rain-soaked shoulder just like at the bus stop. This time, I dropped the side of my head onto the top of his hair.

We sat in that position for a long while, just listening to the pure humming of traffic, the pitter patter of the rain, and the song currently playing throughout the truck.

Y'know, I was really paranoid when I found out he was a criminal. I'm not all that phased by it now. I guess I feel safe with him. Unlike anyone else before.

I feel safe and sound

Just in his arms.

"Guys. Trouble ahead." Darryl murmured with an increasingly loud voice throughout the truck. "Some guys from our rivaling gang are outside base."

"You say we go take care of them?" Zak suggested, turning his head to face Darryl. He nodded, parking the truck. I didn't know what was happening at all, but I could sense a negative energy.

"Skeppy, grab your pistol. Karl, grab your nunchakus. Nick, get a gun from Skeppy." Darryl ordered, stepping out of the car immediately.

"This is gonna be bloody."

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ copscame ~ toby randall ~ (tr3y beatz retwist)