➳ 𝟎𝟎𝟖 𝐈𝐈

"𝐂𝐚𝐰! 𝐂𝐚𝐰! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭! 𝐂𝐚𝐰! 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩! 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩!" ¹

and [name] woke up with a start to having Haizaki's crow announcing to her about Haizaki's arrival. She frowned slightly, wondering why would the Shadow Hashira visit her at this ungodly hour as well.

"What? He can't sleep again?" she mumbled out and soon her cheeks flushed red as she noticed someone was standing on the patio, with his arms crossed against his chest. He raised an eyebrow at what she had said and she lowered her gaze then.

"Oh no," she softly whispered to herself as she could feel her heart pounding hard against her chest then, where Haizaki could only chuckle as he too had on a slight blush on his face, .where he scratched his cheek as well.

"Why are you here, Akane-san?" she asked, this time daring to speak up to him after knowing him for a good few months now. He cleared his throat then as he walked into her room and soon handed her what seems to be a bento box.

"It's rather early for you to be able to do some sort of shopping though," she pointed out and Haizaki let out a sigh as he squats down and opened the bento box, showing her what seems to be homemade mochi filled with her favourite feelings.

"All these are homemade. I was craving for some so I made extra for you," he mumbled out and [name]'s eyes widened as she felt her face heating up them. She slowly nodded her head, unsure of what to say too and soon she looked at him.

"I'm going on a mission with Rengoku, so..." he spoke out. It had been like this for the past two months, where he would often drop by her estate and inform her where he would be going. And it always results in her telling him to come home soon.

Which they could only wonder then, why wasn't the other making a move?

"O-Oh, I see. Then... Come back soon and be safe, okay?" she spoke out with a gentle smile and Haizaki could feel his heart skipping a beat once more and he slowly nodded his head. How his face flushed red then when [name] reached out to grab hold of his large rough hand and caress it gently with her thumbs on the back of it.

"Y-Yeah, I will," he whispered out and soon stood up, walking out of her room she watched as he stopped in his tracks, yet, he didn't turn to look back at her as he soon left her estate. [name] could only then place her hand against her chest where her heart was speeding up.

"Kanroji-san was right..." she whispered out as she had gone to ask Mitsuri, the Love Hashira, on the confirmation of her feelings for Haizaki then. How her heart would always speed up. She thought it was just him being handsome and cool, but it often happened.

Which results in the Love Hashira telling her that she had feelings for the Shadow Hashira.

Haizaki soon reached the courtyard where Kyojuro will be waiting for Haizaki, and he wasn't surprised to see the Flame Hashira munching on roasted sweet potatoes as he waited for the Shadow Hashira to arrive.

"Akane!" Kyojuro called out and Haizaki waved at the flame head, and chuckled, accepting the roasted sweet potato from the latter. He then took a bite out of the roasted sweet potato and soon turned to look at the direction of where he came from.

"Thinking about [name]?" Kyojuro asked, and Haizaki chuckled once more as a tinge of red was seen on his face then. Kyojuro chuckled enthusiastically as always and watched as the Shadow Hashira took a seat next to him.

"You should confess to her soon. She is extremely beautiful and cute, just yesterday when I came to the Butterfly Estate to get some medicine from Kocho, I spotted a bunch of the lower-ranked demon slayers staring at her with their eyes wide opened while she greeted them," Kyojuro spoke out and Haizaki let out a sigh then.

"Ya think so?" he whispered out.

"Just gather your fucking balls and confess already you dipshit," and Haizaki had an irk mark on his forehead then as he looked at Sanemi who had arrived and listened to most of the conversation. 

"You sure are fucking rude despite it being early in the day," Haizaki muttered out and Sanemi had a scowl on his face then, whereas Kyojuro continued to munch on his roasted sweet potatoes, watching as the duo were glaring at one another.

"UMAI!" he called out, startling them and the duo could only let out a sigh then as their hands were removed from the handles of their nichirin blade and Sanemi sat next to Haizaki then, as he too was going on another mission.

And the trio sat in silence, with Kyojuro's constant munching.

.
.

Tanjiro's eyes widened as he stared at the horrible wounds on both Kyojuro and Haizaki. His lips quivered as he could feel the blood in his veins turning cold. How Haizaki was coughing badly and his body soon fell forward.

"Ahhhh... I'm gonna die, Rengoku," Haizaki mumbled out as he coughed slightly, coughing blood as well. Kyojuro then chuckled a little, bearing with the pain that he was suffering from, and soon motioned for Tanjiro to come over.

"Come, let's have a chat," Kyojuro spoke out and Haizaki could only then watch as his vision started to blur, and how his lips started to turn a pale colour. His dark blue ocean eyes slowly closed then as his lips remained parted.

"Akane? Akane!" Kyojuro yelled out as he looked at the Shadow Hashira who was lying still on the ground after the intense fight with the Upper Moon Three. He thought Haizaki was joking about him dying.

But looking at him not moving, he didn't know what to do.

And [name] shivered slightly as she felt a shiver ran down her spine. She turned to look just as Obanai had killed off the remaining demon, gaining his attention as he looked at her.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"No... Nothing... Just a sudden chill down my spine," she whispered out and Obanai nodded his head in response, turning to motion her to follow as they had to return to the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters.

"𝐈𝐬 𝐢𝐭... 𝐀𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐞-𝐬𝐚𝐧? 𝐈𝐟 𝐬𝐨... 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞..."  ²

----------

➸ 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...

1. Caw! Caw! The Shadow Hashira have come to visit! Caw! Wake up! Wake up!

2. Is it... Akane-san? If so... Please be safe...