Ron

The morning after their close encounter, Harry had decided it would be best to stay moving to avoid the presence of any foe that might cross their path. Crossing windy beaches and abandoned trailer parks, it seemed as if the the colors of the world had been sucked out, leaving nature grey and cold. The quartet had resumed their journey once more, this time on foot.

From crossing vast plains and fields to resting at wherever they could find shelter, Ellie could see the toll it was taking on the group, especially Ron. The area under his eyes had bruised to a deep purple, giving him a grave and swollen look. Ellie would often catch his menacing look as he despised the friendship between Harry and Hermione.

The quartet decided to retire for the day, setting up their tent on the barren land in the middle of nowhere.

Ellie sat at the table, watching as Hermione cut Harry's hair. It was quiet, though the silence was calming. Ellie's lips curled into a small smile as she admired her girlfriend, the furrowing of her brows from concentration being the Hufflepuff's favorite nature.

Suddenly, Hermione stood up abruptly, her expression showing realization. Ellie raised an eyebrow at her girlfriend, wondering what she could be thinking about this time.

"Oh, my God," Hermione exclaimed as she hurriedly made her way to the table where Ellie sat.

"What," Harry asked plainly, seeming to be brought out from his daydream.

"I'll tell you in a minute," Hermione responded as she frantically flipped through the pages of her book that rested in front of Ellie.

"Maybe you could tell me now," Harry suggested as he stood up to face the girls.

"The sword of Gryffindor, it's goblin-made," Hermione announced excitedly, glancing between Harry and her girlfriend.

"Brilliant," Harry said as he brought his hands to form a thumbs-up.

"Oh, stop lying," Ellie giggled, knowing all too well he had no idea what Hermione was up to.

"No, you don't understand," Hermione exclaimed. "Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade."

Hermione slid the book in front of Ellie, Harry leaning over her shoulder and pressing a hand to the table to get a closer look.

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger," Hermione continued.

"Okay," Harry said softly, still not understanding her words.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about," Ellie admitted honestly, giving a blank look to her girlfriend.

Hermione began to pace around the table. "Harry, you've already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

"Am I supposed to know who Tom Riddle is?" Ellie questioned, now looking up to find her girlfriend standing next to her.

"You Know Who," Hermione replied as she took a seat next to her girlfriend.

"With a Basilisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours..." Harry trailed.

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor. It's blade is impregnated with Basilisk venom," Hermione explained.

"So you're saying the sword can destroy that dreaded locket..." Ellie realized, earning a smile from her girlfriend.

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger," Harry came into realization as he took a seat in front of the girls.

"Exactly, which is why..."

"It can destroy Horcruxes," Harry finished.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will," Hermione concluded.