I Won't Look Now

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"So I drown it out like I always doDancing through our house With the ghost of you"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the night after Remus had left.

Nobody had heard anything from him and I had no clue if he was even somewhere safe.

It felt like a huge hole had been punched through my chest. It was so odd and haunting not having Remus by my side...it had been that way since I was a baby and we fit together like puzzle pieces.

How can you go from loving someone so fully and unwaveringly to them leaving without even thinking about what they left behind.

I looked at Fred's sleeping face one last time, shifting the backpack on my shoulder. He seemed so peaceful, his mind quiet and his brows relaxed as he let out gentle sleeping breaths.

I would miss my Freddie like crazy, but Remus was right. I couldn't sit here and dance and laugh whilst everyone else risked their lives for Harry and I-I had to go find Harry. If I joined the trio I could help and maybe end this war once and for all. Then I could have my family whole again.

I glanced at the note I'd left on Fred's beside table, explaining why I'd left without him and George. It killed me to think of how much Fred would hate me for this but I had to go.

I finally turned around and crept downstairs, unlocking the door and setting off outside so I could Apparate away from the house. I'd start first at Grimmauld Place, there were things I still needed from there; a few of Sirius's possessions and my own.

I finally got to a clearing in the thick hairs of grass and took a deep breath in. I was really leaving.

"Really?" Fred's voice sounded from behind me.

I jumped to face him, startled by his sudden appearance. I hadn't even heard his thoughts as he followed me I was so immersed in my own sadness and self-pity. God I was pathetic these days.

Fred had his hands tucked into his pockets, he was fully dressed, his eyes scoured over me seeming hurt.

"Didn't think you'd be running off before our wedding" he joked sadly, his smile not reaching his eyes like it usually did.

"Freddie I'm sorry for not saying goodbye but-" I started, feeling flustered and upset and so lost without him already.

"Love" he interjected, "I know" he stated simply, "you need to go find Harry and the others. That's okay" he shrugged.