3 AM Dinner

Peter was currently rolling on his third night in a row with no sleep. It wasn't his fault really, he just had school and patrol and homework and then the cycle repeated. It was 3 am and he just finished a 6 page paper that was fueled by energy drinks and coffee.

He thought about maybe sleeping after he printed it but he was hungry since he'd forgotten to eat dinner. He went into the kitchen and began to forage for food.

"Haha, soup." He laughed to himself when he saw a can of it sitting on the shelf in the pantry. He continued to pick his way through the cabinet, eventually ending up hanging upside down off the ceiling to see what was on the top shelf.

"One guy, hanging from the ceiling, looking for something to eat because he's hungry." He sang to himself before beginning to laugh hysterically. "Yas, remix."

He laughed harder and made himself fall off the ceiling, knocking half of the food off the shelves and on top of himself.

Tony woke up to a loud noise coming from the kitchen. He hurriedly got out of bed and followed the noise, finding Peter on the pantry floor laughing hysterically with food on the floor around him.

"Kid, what the fuck?" He asked groggily, confused but not surprised at the teen's antics.

"It's dinner, bitch." He spoke as he ate chips off the floor beside him.

"Dinner? It's 3 in the morning. Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Because Vietnam War pages six and hunger but I forgot dinner." Peter tried to explain but his words couldn't properly portray his thoughts. Tony was used to it, though.

"You wrote a six page paper on the Vietnam War, forgot to eat dinner, and you're hungry now?"

"Yeah, that. You spoke it sensically."

"When is the last time you slept?"

"Few days ago. Life is work and work takes more time than days have." He explained philosophically as he continued to eat food that was on the floor.

Tony shook his head and pulled Peter to his feet. "You're going to bed and skipping school tomorrow."

"But, hungry!" He tried to grab more food as Tony dragged him out of the pantry.

"Okay, sit at the table. I'll heat you leftovers but then you're sleeping. No arguments." He pushed Peter into a chair and went about reheating food from dinner. When it was done, he set it in front of Peter and sat across from him. He watched as Peter ate quickly, nearly choking several times and laughing at himself after each time.

Tony got up to heat more food but when he turned back around to check on Peter, he saw that he was asleep with his face in the spaghetti he didn't finish. He laughed lightly before going to clean the food off his face and carry him to bed.

As he carried him down the hall, Peter shifted in his arms, mumbling, "Love you, Dad."

Tony smiled, kissing the top of his head. "I love you too, kiddo."