f o r t y f i v e

It had been a few hours since Rick had left to try to reason with the Governor. While I hoped they would find a peaceful solution, I also wouldn't mind being able to shoot the awful man through his head. He was going to pay for what he put me and my friends through.

I made my way downstairs to the common area, the morning sun peaking through the cell windows. Daryl and Glenn seemed to be exchanging harsh words, and I hovered around the back of the group, listening in.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Daryl spit at Glenn, his face red with anger.

"Daryl, you need to stay here. Rick will be back soon with our plan."

"Fuck Rick. Fuck all y'all. I'm takin measure into my own hands." Daryl had a bag of guns slung over his back, which I assumed was his plan.

"Daryl, stop." Maggie walked up behind Glenn to try to reason with him.

"Nah I ain't gonna stop! I-" Before he could say anymore, a shot was fired into the air. I turned and saw a young blonde with a gun pointed at the ceiling. She didn't say anything, but it stopped everyone's arguing. Daryl stood still for a moment before he dropped the bag on the ground and stormed out of the room. As much as I wanted to go after him, I instead made my way over to Maggie and Glenn.

"What was that about?"

"Oh nothing." Glenn rolled his eyes. "The redneck has gotten a bright idea to kill the Governor himself."

"Smart." I muttered shaking my head as commotion once again started in the cell block. I turned to the door, where Rick was leading his group into the room.

"Rick, what's the news?" Hershel walked up to him, Glenn, Maggie and I following.

"The Governor will leave us alone, if we give up Michonne." Rick told the group.

"Well obviously we can't do that." Hershel responded. "The Governor won't just kill Michonne, he'll torture her. We can't just submit her to all of that pain and suffering."

"I don't think we have a choice Hershel. Do you think we should sacrifice the whole group's safety for one person?"

"No, but we can't just give her to him. We can fortify the prison, and come to a better solution."

Rick and Hershel continued to debate, but I walked outside. I didn't want to hear anymore arguing. The morning breeze was cool on my bare arms, and it was a nice break to the usually oppressive Georgia heat. I walked along the fence, reaching the hole that someone had patched up over night. I ran my fingers along the cardboard edge. It might keep out brainless walkers, but these fences would do little to stop the Governor's men and trucks.

I turned to keep walking when I heard a twig snap behind me. I spun around, met with an unknown face. "You're coming with me." The man smiled wickedly as everything went black.

—————

My head is pounding when I open my eyes. However, that doesn't help me see much as there is what feels like a bag over my head. My arms and legs are bound, and it feels like I'm in the back of a truck. I try to sit up, but someone pushes me back down.

"No ya don't." The same voice from earlier sneers, and I feel a cool barrel of a gun pushed against the back of my head.

"Martinez! We're getting close!"

"Alright give me a sec." The man, Martinez, responds. "The Governor's gonna love this nice surprise." He says, chuckling quietly.

Soon, the truck comes to a stop and I'm pulled out of the back. I stumble, almost falling, if Martinez hadn't pulled me forward. "Let's go." He continues to drag me until he opens a door and pushes me inside, ripping the hood off. I blink a few times, letting my eyes adjust before I look around the room.

"Oh no." I sobbed, fighting back tears. It was the same room I had been held in before. "No no no." I whimpered, curling up into a ball. It had taken so much fight for me to get out of here with my humanity last time, and I didn't have that much to give again.

Before I could wallow too far in my self pity, the door slammed open. "Ah, my favorite prisoner." The Governor called as he made his way into the cell. "I've missed you." He purred, slamming my body into the table in the room. I cried out in pain, but that didn't stop him. "I think we got interrupted last time didn't we?"

Wasting no time, he yanked my pants down to my ankles. I screamed, causing him to slap me across the face. Hard. "No no. That won't do Aspen. I'm gonna need you to cooperate."

He tried to pull my shirt off, but my hands were still bound. Not letting that stop him, he tore my shirt open. "Such a beautiful body." He muttered, moving towards my stomach. His grimy tongue made its way across my abdomen and breasts. Tears rolled down my face.

"P-p-please don't d-do this." I pleaded.

"Oh, but you'll enjoy it." He smirked. He ripped off my bra, and yanked my underwear down. He made quick work of his own pants, sobs now raking my body. He spun me around so my back was to him. He pushed himself against me, and I could feel his member against my lower back.

"P-please." I whispered. But it was to no avail, and he quickly thrust inside of me. I screamed and tried to wriggle free from him, but he grabbed my arms and slammed me against the table even harder. He plunged further and further inside of me, each time I grew quieter and quieter. He grabbed my hair, and roughly yanked my head back. My eyes soon ran out of tears, and I faded from the room.

I imagined Daryl holding me, rocking me, and rubbing my back. Telling me it would all be ok. That no one could hurt me as long as he was there. That he would always be here to save me from the evils of the world. That no one would ever take me from him. That I would always be safe. But Daryl wasn't here. I was all alone. Faced with a worse horror than I could ever imagine.

The Governor finally finished his onslaught on me. He let out an awful moan and removed himself from me. "You're some good pussy." He said, slapping my ass before he moved to put his pants back on. I wanted to scream, cry, sob, yell. But nothing came out. I didn't know if I would ever be able to speak again.

"I'll have Martinez bring you some clothes. Preferably something that shows off those nice tits and ass of yours." The Governor chuckled, strolling from the room.

I managed to slide from the table onto the floor in a heap. I don't think I will ever feel safe in my skin again.