Chapter 22

So chapters 1-18 all have over 1k reads - that's actually insane, thank you guys so much! ❤️

It was a few days after Cassie's declaration  that she would become a death eater spy for the Order. Dumbledore was more than pleased to hear she would do it, as expected.

She knew from the beginning that becoming a death eater spy wouldn't be easy - to fool the greatest Dark Wizard would require a lot of preparation. Fortunately, Dumbledore informed her that he doesn't think it will be difficult to prepare due to already having a fair Occlumency ability.

He had informed her that the plan would most likely include Cassie's mother, but he said he would give her the full plan during their next lesson on Friday.

Now being a Wednesday morning, Cassie ate her breakfast, full of boredom, while everyone talked about Umbridge's new title.

"So now we know how we ended up with Umbridge! Fudge passed this 'Educational Decree' and forced her on us! And now he's given her the power to inspect other teachers!" Hermione was breathing fast and her eyes were very bright. "I can't believe this. It's outrageous..."

"I know it is," said Harry. He exchanged a few glances with Cassie a couple seats down as he looked down at his right hand. It was clenched upon the tabletop, with the faint white outline of the words Umbridge had forced him to cut into his skin.

Cassie exchanged a sympathetic look with him as she looked at her own hand which was almost completely faded, unlike Harry's.

A grin unfurled onto Ron's face.

"What?" said Harry and Hermione together, staring at him.

"Oh, I can't wait to see McGonagall inspected," said Ron happily. "Umbridge won't know what's hit her."

"Well, come on," said Hermione, jumping up, "we'd better get going, if she's inspecting Binn's class we don't want to be late..."

The trio's conversation slowly trailed off as they walked further away from the Gryffindor table in which Cassie still sat.

Serena groaned loudly across from Cassie as she looked at their timetables. "Well, aren't we lucky! We're the only class who gets to see Umbridge this morning since she's doing those stupid inspections after."

"Really not in the mood to see her ugly pink clothes today," Cassie complained while standing up, "let's get this over with."

Inside of Professor Umbridge's classroom, Cassie was initially planning to avoid Fred once again, but to her surprise, only George was there. One is never without the other, so seeing George alone looked strange.

Wondering where Fred could be, she ignored Umbridge's high-pitched voice, hoping the lesson would be over soon. Nearing the end of class though, a slight altercation between Alicia and Professor Umbridge peaked her interest.

"I just don't understand how this material is going to be useful for us in the future," Alicia exclaimed exasperated.

"Why on earth would you even need this information for the future? It's strictly for examination purposes," said Professor Umbridge sweetly.

"Maybe to protect ourselves from threats such as You-Know-Who?" she responded sarcastically.

Professor Umbridge blinked but recovered her poise almost instantly.

"I'm afraid you must have been coerced by a certain someone to believe a lie, Ms. Spinnet. You-Know-Who is not back, rest assured, and the person who's been filling your head with lies is clearly influenced by their ancestry."