Chapter 115

Sirius is idly running his fingers through my hair as I rest my head on his chest enjoying the scalp massage. Just as I feel myself being lulled to sleep, a loud knock on the dorm door breaks us from the moment.

Sirius releases an annoyed guttural groan, "We're sleeping! Go away, James!"

"It's, uh, not James." A voice I recognize to be Gideon's sounds from the other side of the door. He opens it just a crack and two identical redheaded boys stick their heads in wearing matching shameless smiles.

"Is everyone decent?" Fabian snorts.

"No," Sirius smiles back lazily. "We're actually naked under here."

Fabian and Gideon snicker as they walk in. I push the blanket off my body and disentangle myself from Sirius who whines at the loss of the extra warmth.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" I ask the twins, though my eyes are carefully trained on Fabian.

He anxiously twists his hands in front of him. "Hollie, have you seen Duke around lately?"

I furrow my eyebrows as I concentrate on remembering the last time I saw my Hufflepuff friend. I gather that if I have to think about it, it's been too long. "Actually, it has been a little while..."

Fabian and Gideon exchange worried glances.

"Why? Haven't you?"

Fabian is quick to explain, "He hasn't been showing up to meals. And we haven't seen him around the castle anywhere. I'm worried about him, Hol. I know you know the way into the Hufflepuff common room so I was wondering if you could just...check on him? Or let me in so I could check on him?"

"Of course! No, yes, of course I'll go."

"Oh, thank you, Hollie!" The distressed boyfriend sighs in relief and moves forward to hug me. "Tell him I miss him, too, would you?"

"I will, Fabby."

I release the tall ginger from the hug and squeeze his hand reassuringly. I look to Gideon who mouths a 'thank you' at me. Gideon then slings an arm around his brother's shoulders and guides the glum boy out of the room cracking jokes to cheer him up as he does.

I slip my pink bathrobe over my sweats and step into James' white bunny slippers because I don't want to walk all the way back up to my own dorm for my shoes. I turn around to find Sirius already looking at me. "I'm sorry to leave you. I know we went through a lot tonight, but I –"

He shakes a hand at me dismissively. "It's alright, love. Go, make sure Duke is okay. I'll wait up."

"I might be long." I murmur, tying the robe belt around my waist.

"That's fine, don't rush back." He tells me all too calmly. I recognize that look in his eyes. It's the one that he gets whenever he's got a plan. And knowing Sirius, it cannot be anything good. Luckily for him though, my thoughts are too taken by Duke to try to stop him right now.

I give Sirius a quick kiss on the cheek and dash down the stairs.

I spot Remus on the other side of the room sitting with James and Peter in front of the blazing fire. Remus perks up at the sound of the floor creaking under my feet and he looks at me hopefully. I shrug my shoulders, not in the mood to talk about the incident anymore, and walk out.

I feel bad for leaving Remus to deal with Sirius' wrath, but I trust James to moderate shall Sirius initiate a fight.

It's hours past curfew and while I'd normally be careless about getting caught, that's the last thing I need right now.