Chapter Twenty Four-My heart against yours

There are two things Gary Kanawut ever cared about. One was himself and the second was his pride. For these two to remain untouchable, he had done many unthinkable things in the past. He didn't even think twice about ruining his own Son's life for the same reason. For him, nothing comes first. Not even his family. And Preeda knew that very well.

She has witnessed how that old man's pride has destroyed her sister's life. She has seen her slowly wasting away, little by little. She will not see it again.

She will not let the same thing happened to Mew. If it wasn't for Puifai telling her she still wouldn't know about Gulf's existence in Mew's life again. But now that she knows, she was hell bent on removing it. By hook or by crook.

This was the only reason why she was standing in front of this man at this hour of the night.

"I can't even say that it's a pleasant surprise. Cause seeing your face has never been pleasant for me, Preeda."

That cold voice made her feel nothing but disgust. "Likewise, Gary." She glared at him. "I could've been happy not seeing this face of yours for the rest of my life but your grandson changed it."

Gary Kanawut's eyes narrowed in confusion as he looks at her face while sipping his wine. "My Grandson? He is your nephew too. Or have you forgotten it?"

A burst of mocking laughter left her lips. "You and me, we both know that it's the biggest lie you ever told. Don't we Kanawut?"

A flicker of anger toughed Gary's eyes as he stood up going towards her. "What lie are you talking about?" He stopped in front of her. His eyes burning with hatred.

"Oh my god...he still doesn't know does he, Gary?" She laughed at his face. "You still didn't tell him about who he is?"

"I don't know what are you talking about."

"Fine, you don't know? I will pretend I don't know either. But....keep him away from Mew. Otherwise, I can't guaranty that my lips will be still sealed."

The threat was clear to Gary. He knew what she was talking about. But she was wrong to threaten him. If there is one thing he hates more than anything it's being threatened. She really shouldn't have. A cold smile spread over his lips. "Rest assured. He is my grandson and I will never let him choose someone like your nephew. But Preeda, don't ever ever ever threaten me again. You won't like the consequences."

A satisfied smile appears on Gary's lips as the fear slowly but clearly appearing in the woman's eyes. He liked it. He liked it too much to say the truth.

.............................. ................... ..................

"So this is the truth? You dragged me from my cozy blanket and my even cozier boyfriend to stalk your ex-boyfriend?"

Gulf calmly put the strawberry in his mouth not taking eyes off of that man who was now skating or at least trying to skate. If he can even call it that.

"The original plan was to kill you and hid your body in the mountain."

Gun's eyes got big as he looked at his psychopath of a friend.

"But your boyfriend will kill me and I'm too handsome to die so early. So the plan is canceled." He put another slice in his mouth still not taking his eyes off.

"Wow, I'm touched. Really." Gun sighed then looked at the front of him from the cabin. He can clearly see Mew looking at them more like looking at his friend from time to time. A smile tugs at Gun's face as he looked back at Gulf.

"I don't understand you. First, you say you need to keep him away, then you pull him towards you. Drag me here by making some stupid excuse of a business trip. Exactly what are you planning Kanawut."