The plan

Hermione and Lyra were best friends. They were different in their own way but so similar too. They spent a lot of time together in the library which became their safe haven.

 Lyra was a Slytherin but that meant she was more cunning in planning pranks and products while Hermione will give Fred and George ideas and Intel.

 That is how they came upon the brilliant idea of searching for a permanent cure for Lycanthropy. They knew it was a challenge they were willing to take but were doubtful whether or not they should inform the adults of their plans. Hermione knew how devastating it would be if they did not succeed. Remus didn't deserve such cruelty. So together they made an elaborate plan. They would go to America, far away from the riff raff and research, enroll themselves in a muggle high school and keep up the pretense of being tired of the media.

Hermione felt a bit guilty at the thought of lying to Remus who had adopted her after her parents were killed in car crash in Australia but none the less agreed. After all, it was not entirely a lie. 

Hermione loved Harry and Ron but they were not exactly intellectuals and could keep up with debates like Lyra and Remus or could keep their mouths zipped. Plus Lyra was like a little sister she never had. So their 'Plan' was a secret from Harry and Ron and also Sirius.(As much as Lyra loved her papa, she was wary of the fact that he would accidentally spill out their secret.) 

No one was told about the true motive of their plan. It wasn't that they didn't trust anyone but they were not willing to disappoint others. Plus with Lyra being the prodigy of Severus Snape, she was experimental while Hermione was precise. They complimented each other and became downright scary when messed with.

No one's POV

Lyra and Hermione came out from the library of Grimmauld's place together and went down for dinner. They occupants of the home were Sirius, Hermione, Lyra, Remus, Harry, Kreacher and Winky. Winky was no longer drunk as she now had a mistress being bonded with Lyra. Hermione had been upset but Lyra was a good mistress and was kind and polite to both Winky and the other house elves so Hermione didn't mind much later on.

 Kreacher adored Lyra and it was amusing for Remus and Sirius when the grumpy old house elf would be so good and respectful towards Lyra. Kreacher had also started to respect Hermione who helped finished what his master Regulus has started.

After the war, all of them were hailed as heroes and soon after it got a bit tiring. Hogwarts was getting rebuilt and refurnished as so going back to Hogwarts was also out of the question. Hence the brilliant 'plan' was in place.

"Papa, Hermione and I have something to say." Lyra stated as they sat down for dinner.

 "What is it Snowflake?" Sirius asked using the nickname he had given her. 

"Ummm.... You see we.... Hermione and I.... We wanted to go to America to a muggle high school away from the riff raff. I.... Hermione said that she wanted to sort out her priorities straight and wanted some time alone but we all need each other right now so I've decided to accompany her. What do you say? " 

Lyra said, carefully examining the expression on her papa's and Remus' faces.

"Hermione, are you sure? " Remus asked.

"Yes dad. I didn't want you to worry but I'm all messed up. I just want to find some sort of muggle closure, if that makes sense. Plus I'm won't be neglecting my studies and I'll have Lyra with me. It's almost a year and everyone is mourning and in pain. I know you're still hurting and I've got nightmares and night terrors. I think I really need this. " Hermione said.

 Part of it was true. She was still hurting and suffered from nightmares. 

"Looks like the two of you have already made your decisions." Sirius said smiling.

 "Dad, I didn't mean to surprise you so suddenly-" Hermione started but Remus cut her off with a gentle smile on his face. 

"Hermione, you said you need it. I'm a bit shocked at the sudden request but I agree that you need a break. I'm glad atleast Lyra's going with you." Remus replied and Lyra grinned at him warmly.

 "Only Hermione would go to school for a break." Harry soon added making the everyone laugh and earning a slap on shoulder, courtesy of Hermione. 

"When do you plan to go?" asked the ever sensible Remus.

 "Next month, I think. We were planning to got to Forks, Washington as its weather is similar to the weather we're used to." Hermione replied. 

"Well then, you need to get all paperwork ready, both muggle and magical. Plus, a home, a car and a bike for sure." Sirius counted the things off with his fingers and Hermione looked at him in amusement. 

"A bike? Really Padfoot. They're going to relax, not on an adventure." Remus said going on a mama bear mode. They spend the rest of the night making small talk.

"Do you think we'll succeed?" Lyra asked Hermione. They were on top of Hermione's bed for more planning.

 "Maybe? Who knows. We'll experiment and see." Hermione replied. They knew the chances of succeeding was slim, as many potioneers tried but failed.

 "We'll just have to see then." Lyra replied and went back to making more plans. They'll just have to see.

-----------------------------------------

Hello readers, please vote and tell me what you think. I hope you enjoy the story.

Love

Khonota~