eight.

"Why don't we write the essay about me? I'm a famous person," Tommy said as we looked through a list of famous people on Wikipedia.

"Yeah, what are we gonna write? TommyInnit, the twitch streamer, popular for being friends with GeorgeNotFound," I joked as I scrolled through the list. He jokingly rolled his eyes at me.

We were currently in his room discussing who to write about for the essay. His computer started to make a weird sound, I knew it meant someone was calling him.

"Hey Wilbur what do you want?" Tommy said as he put a finger to his lips telling me to keep quiet.

"Are you free? Do you want to join us for a game of Among us? I'm going to stream," Someone I could only assume was Wilbur Soot answered.

"Uh yeah sure just give me five minutes," Tommy replied before hanging up.

"Was that Wilbur Soot?" I asked Tommy as he set up his computer.

"Yeah," He looked up at me and continued, "You know him?"

"Can't help it Tommy, the man's good looking," I said as I raised my hands surrendering. He stared straight at me with his mouth agape for a moment before going back to his computer.

"Are you going to stream?" I asked.

"Yeah for awhile, then we can get back to the project," He answered. I leaned on the wall next to his bed as I went through another list of famous people.

Tommy was getting very frustrated with the game, as he kept getting killed or voted out. I had to bury my head into his pillow many times to muffle my laughter.

He kept looking towards my direction during the stream, making his chat wonder why he kept looking that way. Then they took a break in the game lobby to talk.

"Hey Wilbur, are you a famous person?" He suddenly asked.

"I mean I don't know Tommy, am I? Why do you ask?" Wilbur replied.

"I have to write an essay about a famous person and I don't know who do write it about," Tommy answered. His chat went crazy with the "aw"s. They had some brother dynamic going on in their streams and this was definitely something a younger brother would do.

I sent Tommy a message.

"Excuse me, I'm not gonna write an essay about Wilbur Soot"

"Wilbur, my partner is watching the stream and she doesn't want to write the essay about you," Tommy told his stream. I looked at him with wide eyes and my cheeks were very obviously red.

"Hi Tommy's partner, please let the poor child write the essay about me," Wilbur said in the call as he laughed. Tommy looked right at me and smiled.

I started to climb out of the window, I didn't want to be there it was so embarrassing. Tommy took off his headset and grabbed my hand to stop me from leaving. He couldn't stop laughing after that.

"What happened Tommy?" Someone else in the call asked.

"Oh no, my dog tried to climb out the window," he laughing as he replied.

-

I actually wrote the essay about Wilbur Soot which was quite easy as Tommy could just call him to ask him about certain things we were unsure about.

Finally, after two weeks, we got back our results.

"This was a very tough assignment but I am pleased to announce the highest score I have given out is a 97%. To    Y/N and Thomas' essay on Wilbur Soot," The teacher announced.

"97? I thought that essay was good enough to get us full marks," I whispered to Tommy as we collected our paper.

"Why would you want full marks? This score itself is going to bring up my whole score for the year," He said as he proudly walked to his seat.

"Everyone can refer to their essay as a guide, the only reason they didn't get full marks was because they didn't write about a famous person," The teacher said to the whole class.

The audacity.

"Y/N, who's Wilbur Soot?" Jacob asked as he took my paper while waiting for his to be distributed.

"A popular Twitch streamer," I said.

"Is he one of those, you know...," Izzy asked.

"WHAT NO, he's a Minecraft streamer" I said looking at her shocked. How did she even know about such things?

I looked diagonally at Tommy who was reading the essay I wrote. Even though it was a group project, I wrote it all and only asked him for information regarding Wilbur.

When we went home, I decided I wanted to hang out in Tommy's room while he streamed. I finally had time to relax since the essay and other projects took up all of my time during the two weeks. I realised I didn't hangout with Tommy for two whole weeks.

"Hey are you okay with me reading the essay to Wilbur later on my stream?" Tommy asked.

"Um, sure," I answered as I read through a textbook. So he went live, and I continued to read.

"HEY WILBUR SOOT, DO YOU WANT TO HEAR THE ESSAY MY FRIEND WROTE," Tommy shouted into his microphone.

"Did you not help your friend Tommy?" Wilbur asked Tommy.

"That's not important," Tommy said as he started reading out the essay.

"Guess our score, Wilbur," Tommy asked Wilbur.

"That was a really good essay, probably like full marks?" He replied.

"NO WE GOT A 97 BECAUSE THE TEACHER THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T FAMOUS," Tommy screamed. Everyone in the call started to laugh at what Tommy just said.

"Did Y/N write that," Tubbo asked as he was recovering from his laugh. I sat up straight, surprised that he was in the call.

"YEAH!" Tommy answered super enthusiastically. Everyone in the call started asking who I was. Even the chat went crazy.

"Well whoever Y/N is, thank you for writing that essay about me," Wilbur said. I looked away from my book for a few seconds and looked at Tommy.

When he finally ended the stream, I went over to sit on his lap again while he finished up his work.

I checked my phone to see a notification

2 new messages from oliver🥱

1039 words