Prologue

My name is Minako Harashi, and my life was quite normal. My parents were rich, my father was a lawyer and my mother a doctor, these jobs kept my parents busy and they couldn't stay close to me very much but still they bought me everything I wanted, I was covered with games and toys, books, dolls everything a child could wish for, but inside I was alone.

 I felt empty.

Everyone envied me, they said I was lucky but in reality I would have given all my toys to have my parents by my side, I do not hide that many times I have doubted they really loved me.

Maybe it was this selfish desire of mine that made what happened.

One day as I was getting ready to go to school and was about to give orders to the waitress about breakfast, I found that I could not speak anymore. I tried to scream but nothing happened, the waitress seeing me in pain immediately called the ambulance, my parents soon arrived and after some checks the doctor told me that I had an illness, but he assured me that i would soon be cured.

I would have almost believed it, if I hadn't heard my mother cry in the middle of the night, trying to stifle an heartbreaking cry, and my father with a trembling voice tried to comfort her.

I had a throat cancer.

my world seemed to collapse, at the age of 14 I started chemotherapy, my few friends in the early periods always came to visit me, telling me jokes and bringing me gifts from time to time. 

But even this little entertainment was destined to vanish, after only 2 years I was left alone, after all, with school and making new friends to those who think of a sick girl destined to die?

I hated this sense of helplessness, staying alive makes me feel only a weight on my parents' shoulders, now I was left alone no one came to find me anymore, and this loneliness was more painful for my parents than for myself. I was trying to erase my existence, trying to make them forget about this sick daughter and move on. But they continued to be close to me even in these moments where no one else was next to me, in those moments I realized how stupid I had been to think that they did not love me.

I could not speak but I hope they understood how much I loved them, I tried to demonstrate it with gestures that they could replace the words of gratitude that I could not say.

the days passed quietly by now I was just waiting to die at any moment, I was getting thinner and my will to live was decreasing more and more, the only thing that made me stay in life it was my parents who looked at me with hopeful eyes as if at any moment I would be immediately healed and we would go back to being a normal family.I know it was all fantasies but somehow they kept me to stay alive.

A day of summer after turning eighteen that moment finally came. I was looking out the window gazing at that magnificent blue sky and the lush garden of the private hospital where I was, I could smell the daffodils and violets that my father brought me before, it was a normal day,i felt really tired, much more than usual, so I fell asleep while I was reading a book.

I never thought I would never open my eyes again

I was now in an empty black space still wearing my hospital robe. I didn't understand where I was but somehow I knew I was dead.

I had nothing to tie me to the earth except my parents. I had no friends, no boyfriend, nothing, the only thing I regretted was that I wanted to see my parents one last time, maybe I should have written a letter , but it was too late.

Strangely, death was quiet enough, I thought I would cry or scream, but I was disconcertingly calm. I did not understand what would happen after and after an indefinite time that I was inside that dark space, a big white light suddenly appeared

Was it heaven?

the great white light blinded me, at some point I got dizzy and i passed out

After a while I recovered, and even if a little dazed I managed to open my eyes, and what I saw shocked me, i was now in a room completely unknown to me. It was a pastel pink room like that of princesses in fairy tales, the furniture was all very luxurious, and even if I was rich in the past it had never been up to this point.

I stood in a huge bed observing the room for a few minutes dazed by my surroundings. I looked at the giant carpet that covered most of the room that seemed all soft and fluffy or that crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling that will have cost more than my house, at some point finally someone enters

A maid with a blond bob and a little too thin looked at me amazed and said:

"Miss you finally woke up"

I remained speechless, I did not understand who she was talking to. The maid's gaze became softer and continued

"After a fever like that she must still be a little confused, do you want some warm milk?"

"F-Fever?" a sweet child-like voice came out from me

I got up and saw that my hands were really small like those of a 6-7 year old child, same thing for my height, so I ran to the massive mirror next to the bed and looked at myself: Silver hair reaching to the shoulders, slightly upturned eyes that gave a seductive look with very long eyelashes under which there were two extraordinary pupils of a bright purple, a perfect nose, of the right length with the tip slightly lifted and a small mouth with full lips.

"Wow such a beautiful girl, she's so beautiful that she almost doesn't seem real" i thought

Looking back at those purple eyes i had a strange dejiavu, a severe headache suddently hit me so hard that i collapsed to the ground

"M-Miss!" exclaimed the waitress running straight up to me.

The memories of the little girl immediately flowed into my head, and that's when I realized that I had already seen that little girl.

"Am I the character of an otome game?!" I exclaimed only to pass out on the floor right after