Chapter 23 - I'm sorry for hoping

Today was another day, Tom arrived just on time like every other day.

The agenda for the day was baking again. Tom needed help with baking a cake for his friend Clarice, she was a sweet girl but they were really close it kind of put you off.

But he assured nothing was going on between them.

As Tom lifted you so you wrapped around his waist, you giggled in delight as he kissed your neck softly. "I love it when you laugh," with his lips on yours he spun you around in sync with the song.

"You love everything I do," you glare challengingly.

"Because you're perfect!" he lifts you in the air before dropping down with you onto the couch.

"You flatter me, Thomas," as he snuggles your face close to yours you don't notice the glowing bracelet you took off before baking. It's light shining from the marble counter.

"I don't deserve such an angel," Tom presses his lips back to yours just as Loki and Thor arrive in the elevator.

"I'm more like an annoying devil on your shoulder," you chuckle between kisses.

"Y/n?" Falling off of your boyfriend with a groan you lay eyes on Loki.

"Loki?!" Scrambling to your feet you tackle him to the ground. "You're back!"

"You've moved on..."

"W-what?" he looks pointedly to Tom. "Well... yeah, didn't- didn't you? I mean we- wait hold on why are you back??"

"Because I promised you I would come back," his harsh tone sent a chill down your spine as he disappeared from under you and to the side of you, towering over. "But evidently there was no need for my return,"

"Wait, Loki-"

"Angel? Who's this?" Tom helps you up and kisses your temple.

"T-this is Loki, my ex..."

"Thomas, pleasure," the pearly white smile Tom gave made Loki roll his eyes.

"Wish I could be polite and say the same," the trickster growls.

"Tom, I think you should go, I'll bring that cake to Clarice's birthday tonight,"

"You're an angel, sweetheart," giving a tight smile at his kiss on your cheek, Tom leaves after collecting his coat.

"I will leave you two..." Thor slips away leaving you searching for Loki's gaze.

"Did you ever love me?" he finally meets your eyes with a distant glare.

"What? Of course!" reaching for his hand he moves away. "Loki, I still love you,"

"Then why must you move on so quickly?"

"Because we both agreed we should! I didn't know when you would return, what was I supposed to do? Spend the rest of my life wallowing in my self pity for falling in love with a god who would inevitably leave me to live a better life?!"

"Better life?! Y/n! My better life is with you! I was miserable doing what I used to love on Asgard! I had people fawning over me, wanting to be mine as I overlooked every detail and decision like a FUCKING KING!" his breathing was heavy. "But guess what? I despised every moment of it because I wasn't with you, because you weren't by my side to cheer me up, to hold me, love me and care for me like no partner has ever done for me before!"

"Loki-"

"No, I'm sorry for hoping that the love of my life would wait for my return, I'm sorry that it was too much to ask for," he sighed and went off looking for his brother. You were left with a blank stare at his fading figure as a single tear coated your puffed cheeks.

"Miss L/n, the party starts soon,"

"Y-yeah, thanks, Friday... I'll get that cake done," wiping away any trace of emotion you went back to the cake.

~~~

"Hey, guys," you gave Tom's friend group a big hug after placing down the cake. "Tom is bringing Clarice here right?"

"Yup, they should be here any moment so switch off the lights," the car pulled into the driveway, gravel crunching underneath the tires. There was a moment which turned into half an hour.

"Should we check on them?" James asked.

"I'll go check," you mumble before sneaking out the house and looking around the corner to see a sight. You were disgusted.

There in the backseat was Tom and Clarice... having sex.

"YOU ASSHOLE!" You grab your heel and throw it at the window making them both look up in shock. All the party attenders rush out and gasp, averting their eyes or looking horrified.

"Y/n-" he adjusted his pants and stumbled out from between her legs. "Angel, this isn't what it looks like-"

"Oh really? What is it then? Because it looks like YOU'RE FUCKING CHEATING ON ME IN THE BACKSEAT OF MY CAR!"

"Angel-"

"Don't you 'Angel' me Asshole!" running back into the house you grab the cake and run back out passed the group of smiling friends, knowing exactly what you were going to do. "Happy birthday, Clarice," smiling at the bitch you grab Tom's hair and slam the cake into his face.

"Go, Y/n!" Anna cheers from behind you.

"Anna! You're meant to be on my side!" Clarice whines.

"I don't side with home wreckers,"

"Get out my car before I drag you out by the hair, bitch," you snarl.

"You're crazy!" She screeches before stumbling out the car with her clothes.

"Possibly," You smirk before entering the car. "God it smells disgusting in here," opening the windows all the way you pull out the driveway. "We are over!" Flipping Tom off you, speed away before you could let him see the tears.

"You two are unbelievable," James scoffs as everyone else agrees, walking back in to collect their things.

~~~

Oh yeah, Anna as in me Anna

I'm everywhere

- Anna ❤️