Chapter Ninety Eight

"We finished" I sighed, collapsing onto the sofa and grunting when Fred fell on top of me, "How has your birthday been so far?"
"Well the younglins here took care of me, if that's what you're asking" Lee laughed, leaning back into his chair.
"Damn right we did, he would've gone mad with boredom without us" Ginny grinned, patting his shoulders.
"Well if you would all like to step into the kitchen, we have a surprise for the birthday boy" George grinned, shaking Ron slightly by his shoulders.
We walked along the corridor, pushing the door open to reveal the cake that Fred, George and I had made during our cleaning madness.
"A cake!" Hermione remarked, "is it edible?"
"Ha ha very funny" Fred huffed, "I assure her highness it is very edible and quite tasty. So, love if you'll do the honours"
I flicked my wand discreetly to light the candles, joining in as everyone began to sing 'Happy Birthday'.
"- to youuuuuuuuuuuu~uuuuuu!"
George finished on a high note, semi-harmonising with the rest of us.
"Oh my-" Lee just shook his head, smile on his face as he blew out his candles, "Thank you"

"Alright party people" George cheered, lifting the bottle of fire whiskey, "Let's get started!"
Lee laughed, pulling him into a long kiss before taking a large swig from the bottle, "I'm fucking seventeen!"
"Hell yeah" I shouted, jumping on to Fred's back and pressing a kiss to his neck.
"It's not every day a young man turns seventeen" Fred said in a fake posh accent, "Its only six more minutes"
"Enough time to get buzzed" George added, pulling a small speaker out from my bag, "Emily put on some of your tunes"
"Emo shit?"
"Emo shit" Lee confirmed, downing some more drink as MCR started to blast throughout the room.
A knock at the door lead to Tonk's arrival, the pink haired woman smiling widely, "Happy birthday, Lee! I brought you some more -" she paused, lowering her voice to a whisper, "of the good stuff"
"Thanks Tonks" he laughed, pulling her into a hug, "The room is soundproofed though, so we can play the music. Can you stay?"
"I have ten minutes until I'm due at the ministry"
"Perfect, Mr Jordan here only has another three minutes until he turns seventeen" I grinned, patting his shoulder, "You can stay to see his first free spell right?"
"I wouldn't miss it"
Fred poured out some of the liquor into glasses, passing them around the room, "Great, have a shot to celebrate"
The five of us danced, until George's sudden shout made us all stop in our spots.
"ITS ALMOST TIME" he shouted, waving his arms around madly, "FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE -"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Lee's smile grew impossibly wider, sweeping into a bow.
"Do a spell! Do a spell!"
"Hmmm, okay. Go big or go home, right?"
With a loud snap, he disappeared, reappearing seconds later with a bowl of snacks from Mr Weasley's secret stash.
"I'd say that's a successful first spell!" I laughed, stealing a fizzing whizzbee from the pile, "well done, Lee"
"Thank you, thank you" he grinned, offering George a choccoball before he could ask, "I'm finally useful in the prank war. You and the littleuns are gonna be crushed"
"Simple case of brains against brawn" Tonks shrugged, smirking as she took an acid pop, "I wouldn't write them off just yet"
I smiled at her gratefully, turning around as Fred tapped me on the shoulder. Pulling me aside, he gently gripped my chin, kissing me before pulling away to look me in the eyes, "I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you're looking tonight"
"Flattery? What do you want, Weasley?" I laughed, raising my eyebrow at his antics.
"Me? Want? Nothing" he replied unconvincingly, "other than to tell you that Ive loved spending all this time with you"
"You're such a sap" I huffed, entwining our free fingers and tugging him down for another kiss, "I've loved spending this much time with you as well. You're not as annoying as I thought you'd be"
"Piss off" he scoffed, though it was impossible to hide the smile behind his words.

Tonks' voice from across the room broke us out of the moment, "So you've already got your presents?"
"Yeah, at dinner. Was a little party for everyone here-"
George cut Lee off with a cheeky grin, "yknow, without actual fun party stuff because we need to be 'respectful guests'"
Fred laughed, moving to place his arm around me, our fingers still entwined, "it's funny that mum thinks that Sirius even cares about decorum. He's worse than us half of the time!"
"She's just trying to be a good host" Tonks said, laughing slightly as she continued, "it's not her fault Sirius probably still has the same personality as he did when he was a teen... well. I better be off to the ministry, nice catching up with you lads!"
"Bye!"
Lee stood for a moment, taking another deep swig of his drink before pointing at the speaker, "Let's dance the fuck out of tonight"
"Hell yeah!"

 I better be off to the ministry, nice catching up with you lads!""Bye!"Lee stood for a moment, taking another deep swig of his drink before pointing at the speaker, "Let's dance the fuck out of tonight""Hell yeah!"