Chapter 24 - Despite this all

"How was the party?" Tony walks into the living room when Friday announced your arrival. "You're back early- What happened?"

"That asshole cheated on me!" You shriek. "And in the backseat of my fucking car!" The rest of the avengers tumble in, even Loki. "I knew there was something off about her and yet I shrugged it off like a fucking idiot!"

"Who did this?"

"Who do you think?!" You scream into Thor's face. "TOM! THAT FUCKING BASTARD!" Storming off and pushing passed the group you slam the door hard enough it would have surely fallen off it's hinges.

"What happened?" Peter looks to Tony who's eyes had darkened into nothing more than swirling pits of revenge. "Mr Stark?"

"Tom cheated on Y/n..." He looked to the group. "Avengers, suit up,"

~~~

"Y/n?" Loki knocked lightly on your door, hearing a soft crackle of fire. When a mumbled 'come in' was heard, he walked in to see the window open and you watching a burning bucket. "What are you doing?"

"A healthy coping mechanism," you mumble quietly.

"I don't think inhaling smoke is healthy," he muses, standing in front of you.

"That's why I opened the window," ripping the last photo and tossing it in the fire, you poured a shot of liquor on it, letting the entire thing burn brighter. "I never thought Mr nice guy would cheat on me," you mumble before downing another gulp of alcohol.

Watching you wince at the burning sensation, Loki took away the bottle to your dismay. "That man was a Mewling quim with no self respect,"

"Oh he was definitely a mewling quim when I stuffed that cake in his face," you slump back on your window side bench.

"You wasted such a treat on him? I'm slightly offended," Loki smiles as you chuckle.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went back,"

"As much as I wanted to... I couldn't," Loki put out the fire with a single wave of ice. "Something deep down inside refused to let you go,"

"After everything? After I moved on? You still had hope?"

"Of course... I love you, Y/n,"

"I don't get it... Loki, you're a literal god! You have an entire kingdom of women and men wanting to be your suitor and you choose me?"

"Because you're nothing like them, you're one of a kind, an angel people would be lucky to come across in their lifetime!" he sat by you and took your hands in his. "You're an angel only a few have been graced to set eyes on, you're a treasure that pirates could only dream about, a gem a jeweler want's in their collection, a prize not be won by any person especially not me,"

"Why are you saying all this?" You sniffle.

"Because it's the truth, and I love you, despite you moving on, despite being far from you, despite knowing you were someone else's, I still love you," he kisses your knuckle in longing. "Despite all this, I know, if you were to leave me, stranded, alone, I would still love you,"

"Loki, I would never leave you," bringing your touch to his cheek he sighed. "I would never think of doing such a thing... the only reason I tried to move on was because I thought you found someone else, you were gone for so long and not a word from you, I thought you forgot all about me,"

"Forget you? You??" He scoffs in disbelief. "I love you, Y/n, I could never forget you! Not once have you left my thoughts since the day we met,"

"I love you too, Loki," he brings a thumb to wipe away streams as you take him into a hug. "I'm so sorry,"

"Never be sorry, my love, you did nothing wrong," he chuckles before adding on. "Except thinking Tom was better than me," that earned him a slap on the back. "Ow! I was jesting, love,"

"Tom was never better than you, Loki, I was actually planning to break up with him," you pull back as he tilts his head. "He was so boring! When I tried to playfully argue with him like we did he would end up agreeing with me,"

"You missed out arguments?"

"Every bit of it," you peck his lips. "Every insult," again. "Every scowl," another. "Every sorry," one last one. "And every apology kiss after we knew we went too far,"

"Gods, you are an odd woman, but the only one I love," he pulls you closer, leaving a long soft kiss on your lips.

"And you're an annoying trickster, but the only one I love," you mimicked.

"So I'm guessing Tom is out of the picture?" He asks teasingly.

"You are unbelievable!" You pout and turn away.

"I'm joking, darling," he places his head on your shoulder before kissing you cheek sweetly. "I'm sorry," he mumbles softly.

"You are forgiven... if you give me a big kiss," closing your eyes and puckering your lips you feel him pick you up and land you on the bed before glossing your neck with love. "That works too," You chuckle.

"I-" there was a sudden roar and explosion making you both run to the window.

"Where are the Avengers?"

"They went to pay Tom a visit?" Loki shrugs in amusement.

"I'll scold them later," you pull Loki by the collar back onto the bed before snuggling up next to him. "I love you,"

"I love you too," one last roar from Hulk was heard as both your eyes closed.

~~~

Yayyy

Yayyy

Hope you enjoyed!

- Anna ❤️