CHAPTER-5

That tragic night

After using my phone,I fell asleep but perhaps that night had something else in store for me.I felt this uneasiness that woke me up and the next moment I couldn't breathe.I tried and tried by taking deep breaths but it did not prove useful.My head was bursting on one hand and I couldn't think properly.I tripped over something trying to reach the switch board.Walking till the switch board to turn on the lights was most difficult task for me.I couldn't find my inhaler and by now it is evident that I was having an asthma attack. When I reached out to the table to get some water,there was only an empty jug only to add to my misery.My phone was also drained out of battery.I had to seek for help now.I walked out of my room with greatest difficulty to reach out someone for help.Ms.Khanna was not coming back that night and the other team members were accomodated in another hotel so I had to seek help from a stranger.
......................................................................
The next thing I remember is waking up in some other room.Though I still had a very bad headache,I manged to open my eyes and found myself in a room which was absolutely messy.

"Hey.Are you up already?",Stefan came walking through the door.My vision was still blur.

"Yes.Hey but what happened last night?I'm blacked out completely....the last I remember banging someones door",I was totally panic striken.

"Hey listen there is nothing to worry.I have taken care of everything",he assured me.

"Details please",I said as I cupped by temple with my palms.

"Okay so you didn't look well when you came to my room last night.You had a severe asthma attack and you couldn't find your inhaler.I could only assume this cause you were out of your breath and you wouldn't speak.I sent my men to get you an inhaler and medicines.You were fine after taking them and you fell asleep the next moment.I informed the hotel management and they called for a doctor and he said you will be fine and you just need some rest",he ended.

"Thank you so much Stefan.Thanks for helping me.Yes now I can get things in my mind,I'm starting to remember.Seriously,but for your help,I would have long been gone",I thanked him falling short of words.

"But you are alive now and should focus on staying alive for a while that means you should rest and get back to bed",he said wearing his characterstic smirk.

"I'll be fine and thanks once again.I think I should get going now and I guess I'm bothering you and I can tell that you are late for your concert,"I said getting up from the warmth of his bed.

"People can wait and you see your life is important too since you are a 'crime journalist' ",he emphasized the last two words.

"Okay but any which ways you can't be late because of me",I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay then go back to your room and rest.You shouldn't come to the concert and I'm not late btw there are 2 more hours left for my performance",he said but smiling genuinely this time.

"Yes.But where did you sleep last night with me laying on your bed?",I asked clearing my brain of the doubt which was killing me from the last 5 minutes.

"Next to you",he answered seriously looking into his phone.

"Stop joking okay",I rolled my eyes.

"You get pissed so easily,he chuckled.Don't you think this bed is huge enough to fit a man and a woman?",he said as he sat on the bed folding his sleeve.

"I should get going now",I said as I turned back.Irritated.

"You should have done that long ago instead of wasting my time",he said as I shut the door behind him.
......................................................................

I sent a long text to Ms.Khanna stating how I'm not enjoying what I'm doing right now and that I should get back to my own self and how it affected my health last night (though it was not clearly not the reason for my asthma attack) to which she ultimately surrendered.She said I could accompany her on the tour jotting down what I observe without having to interview anyone.I was satisfied.

Though I didn't want to interview anyone,I so wanted to see stefan perform.Being officially his fan now,I can't miss that so I turned on the T.V to watch the live telecast.

But for him ,I would have never made  alive.If there were someone else in his place,would they consider helping me like buying medicine and calling the doc?Last night when I had this thought that there was no one around here to help me,I was wrong.Stefan was here.I  know him like we have spoken a few times which means that he is not a stranger.How did this dammned thing escape my mind?I'm lucky enough to have banged the door of his room.Simce I was related to Ms.Khanna,I had this privelage of staying in this high profile hotel leaving the rest of my team mates in another hotel which again
makes me lucky.
His performance ended and it was harder than the last one.My thoughts raced again and it occurred to me that I should thank him properly once again.I thought offering him a token of gratitude would be appropriate.What should I offer him  when he can have everything he wants? How do I decide now?🤔