32.

I watch and listen intently as Jay is on the phone with someone I don't know. Jay moves the phone away from his ear, ending the call before looking at me. His eyes were filled with joy and happiness.

"I got the job!"

"You did? Omg congratulations!" I started jumping up and down with my hands in the air and Jay joined me.

"I start tomorrow morning and finish just after you finish work."

"Well this cake is perfect timing. It's your celebration cake!"

It was now the next day. I dropped Jay off at the cafe since it was a freezing cold morning and I didn't want him to walk in the cold. I plan to pick him up too since our working hours are pretty much the same just I start earlier and he finishes later.

"Hey April" Lia's voice draws my attention from my computer screen.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering, did you want to grab dinner with me after work?"

"I'd love to but I have to pick someone up later"

"Ah really? Who"

Was I ready to tell her that I was living with a guy.

"My uh" what do I say. "Friend" I lied. Well actually Jay is my friend. Yeah. I take that back, I didn't lie.

"And who is that friend?" Her voice was filled with curiosity and she had her eyebrow lifted.

I had to think of a quick response on the spot.

"He is an old friend"

"Ah i see. So he is a he" she emphasised the last 'he' making me roll my eyes. Lia started teasing me with this guy who she has no idea about but I just ignored her and continued working.

I pulled up in the parking lot of the cafe, making my way inside the cafe. I saw Jay behind the counter. His head lifted when he heard the bells on the door chime and his face brightened when he saw me.

"How can I help you tonight?" He asked as if I was just another customer. I scoffed playfully before answering.

"I would like a cup of jasmine tea please"

He smiled writing down my order and walked away before I could pay.

"Hey I didn't pay"

"My shout" He replied.

After a couple minutes Jay came out with his bag and my drink.

"My shifts over, let's go"

We both made our way home after a drive filled with laughs and stupid jokes.

This cycle of Jay going to work, our fun moments together and Lia asking about Jay continued for a couple weeks. If I were to live life like this for the rest of my life, I'm not complaining one bit.

I'm happy. I have a good job with an amazing friend. I have a friend whom I live with that makes me feel special and loved. I haven't been this happy since living in the castle, Jay has made me happy.

Jay makes me happy.

The thought of him makes me feel...warm. It's so weird, he was the reason I left that world and came here and now he's here and just everything is weird.

"April!"

"Huh what?" I really need to stop day dreaming.

"I've called your name so many times, what are you even thinking about?"

"Nothing. What's up?"

"It's been so long since we hung out together and it's Friday today, we should go out and get some drinks. Soobin is having another party"

"But my friend is-"

"He's still here? Cmon please, you've been so busy and you deserve a break don't you think?"

I thought about it. Ever since Jay came I never really had time for myself or with other people other than him. Maybe I should just let loose, only for tonight.

"Ok fine. Just let me call my friend."

"Yay!" Lia started jumping around and doing little dances making me laugh.

I dialled Jay's number hoping that he would pick up and thankfully he did.

"Hey what's up" I heard him through the phone.

"Hey, is it ok if you can catch an Uber home. I'm going out to drink with friends tonight and I won't be home til late"

"That's fine. Be careful"

"Thanks Jay" I said before hanging up the phone.

"So he is a Jay" Lia said when I ended the call.

"Oh shut up." We both laughed.

~~~

"Welcome welcome" Soobin said as he opened the room door letting us in.

"We're gonna get wasted tonight" Lia hooked her arm around mine while dragging me to the table with all the alcohol bottles.

"Let's not go too crazy" I said but I can tell she's not gonna listen to me one bit.

"Crazy is my middle name!" She handed me a cup that I'm assuming was straight vodka. The smell was strong, a little too strong. I poured some soda to balance the drink before drinking. The taste of alcohol wasn't pleasant but the effects feels nice. As if I was a new person with lots of confidence.

One cup become two and two became four. The night progressed with me drinking far too much alcohol but I was having fun, talking to people I don't remember, dancing with Lia and catching up with Soobin.

After some time, I lost sight of Lia. I tried calling her name but the music was too loud that I couldn't even hear my own voice. So I just gave up.

"Hey" someone said behind me.

It was Sunghoon. Normally I would be cautious around him but the alcohol made me forget why I want avoid him.

"Hi" he could tell I was drunk, if it weren't for my red flushed face then it's definitely the smell of alcohol that came from me.

"I didn't expect to see you here, you're always so busy" I was too busy trying to focus on what he was saying over the music that I didn't realise he cornered me.

"Well I'm not busy tonight" I smiled but it was those drunk smiles. Sunghoon had his hand on my face eyeing my lips. I didn't realise that he leaned his face so close to mine.

"You look really pretty tonight." He said before leaning connecting our lips together. He tried to deepen the kiss by placing his hand behind my neck but i refused to let it deepen any further. So I slowly started pulling back making him pull back.

"You know I love you right Jay?" I started giggling as if I was in elementary school telling my crush I liked them. But to Sunghoon, something in him snapped. The smile on his face vanished.

{15/11/20}
edited...