Chapter Eleven

"All better." The doctor said. The boys sighed in relief. The doctor packed his stuff and left. "MONO-SAMA!!!" Mono looked out the window to see Makero flying towards her. Makero entered through the window, panting heavily. "Are you okay?" Mono said to the crow, brushing her fingers down the crow's head. "You are suppose to go to the Natagumo Mountain!" Makero said. Tanjiro's crow entered the window.
"Haha! I beat you to it!" Makero said laughing at the other crow. The four packed there stuff and was oit the door. Before they could leave the house, the lady stopped them. "Thank you for taking care of us." Mono said, bowing to the lady. The woman bowed as well. "I shall light some sparks for you." She said. Light sparks flew as she hit the match.

(I honestly don't know what to call it, so we'll say it's a match.)

"What do you think you're doing!" Inosuke yelled, trying to hit the lady. Tanjiro grabbed Inosuke struggling to keep him away. Zenitsu blocked the lady from Inosuke.

"Are you stupid?! There "sparks for good luck"! The old lady is helping us ward off evil spirits! After all, we are about to go on a dangerous mission!!" Zenitsu yelled at the male. The woman looked at them with a gentle smile.

"No matter what may happen, please live your lives with your heads held high. I wish you luck on your coming battles." She said.

*****

The four ran down the dirt path, Mono was ahead of Tanjiro, Zenitsu was behind Tanjiro and Inosuke was in the back. Mono could hear the conversation between the boys.

"Heads held high? Luck for our coming battles? What does that mean?" Inosuke asked. Zenitsu looked back at Inosuke. 'Does he really not know?'

"Now that I think about it, this seems like a difficult thing to achieve... leaving with our heads held high... It means that we should truly understand our current standing, and upon this standing, we must devise and follow the correct course of action, without any fear of shame or embarrassment. I think." Tanjiro said. "This is the old lady's way of praying for our safety." Tanjiro added. Inosuke was still not following.

"What's a standing? What do you mean without any shame?" Mono stopped in her tracks making the others stop as well. Mono turned to the pig mask wearing boy.

"What's with that stupid look, Big Boobs!" Inosuke yelled, steam puffing from his nose

"What's with that stupid look, Big Boobs!" Inosuke yelled, steam puffing from his nose. Mono started running again ignoring the boy. The three ran after the girl. Inosuke was still asking questions about the saying. At this point Tanjiro grew annoyed with the boy and picked up the pace. "He's moving faster!" Tanjiro caught up to Mono, by now Inosuke thought it was a race.

*********

The four arrived at the mountain by nightfall. "Wait!!" Zenitsu screamed. The three stopped and started at the male who was sitting on the ground. "Can you please wait! It's so scary!!" Zenitsu cried.

"Zenitsu-san, we can't stop because you're afraid. That's not how it works." Mono said to the frightened boy. *Thud* They looked behind them, towards the mountain. Another Demon Slayer lied on the ground. Tanjiro, Mono, and Inosuke ran over, but as they were running the male was pulled back into the trees.

"We really need to move. If there's another memeber of the Demon Slayers then there is a good chance there might be more." Mobo said. "Zenitsu-san! If you're really that scared then stay there, we'll go in." Mono yelled to the male. Inosuke shoved Mono out of the way. "I'll lead the way." He said. The three ran into the forest.

************

Spider webs covered the floors, from the ground all they way up to the tree tops. Inosuke charged head first through sll the spider webs. The male grew annoyed and ripped the webs off of him. "Inosuke!"

"What is it?!!" The male posed in an odd fighting position. Tanjiro smiled at the two Demon Slayers in front of him. "Thank you. I'm glad you two came along. It brings me a lot of confidence. The mountain is emitting some sort of twisted and unnatural smell. It's making my body go into a slight bit of shock. Thank you."

Mono looked at the male. She walked closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Tanjiro-san, even if we weren't here with you, I'm postive that you would have pulled through. You are a strong kid, you would have survived either way." Mono said. Tanjiro had a faint blush on his face.

"Hey, there's someone over there." Mono said pointing behind Tanjiro. The two looked in the direction Mono was pointing to. The three of them ran to the dark haired male. Tanjiro tapped him on the shoulder. The male jumped ready to grab his sword. "I'm here for support. I'm Kamado Tanjiro, Rank Ten."

"Ten.... Ten?!"

"Why didn't they send a Hashira?!! The result will be the same, no matter how many level Tens come! It's pointless!!" The male yelled. Inosuke cut the male off by punching him in the face.

"Inosuke!"

"So annoying!" Inosuke started beating the poor male. Inosuke was yelling at the male, calling him a coward.

********
"You flew back here as fast as you could... My swordsmen are almost all eliminated. There might be a Twelve Kizuki there. It seems... There is a need to send Hashiras to the scene. Giyuu. Shinobu."

"Orders recieved." The two said in unison.

"If we could get along together, everything would be great. No matter if it's humans and demons. Tomioka-san. Don't you think so as well?" Shinobu asked.

"As long as demons still eat humans, that sort of thinking is just a fantasy." Giyuu said.

The two left there master and head for Natagumo Mountain.

"Thank you for telling me Makero."

******

The four of them were suddenly surrounded by fellow Demon Slayers. Mono got a closer look at them, their bodies were mangled beyond compare. Mono took her chained sword.

'I'm sorry.' She threw it straight into a members back. Tanjiro looked at Mono with pure horror. "Mono-san, why would you do that!" The boy could comprehend her reason of doing such a horrific thing.

"Tanjiro-san, take a good look at them. Look around you. Most of them are dead so far, the rest of them are suffering. There is no way of helping them, they can't be fixed. Look at them in the eyes Tanjiro-san." Tanjiro looked around him. He could never bring himself to do something like that. He wasn't like Mono. Mono, thought through her decisions. It wasn't right for him to do that, but what if Mono was right.

"Tanjiro-san, if you saw a person suffering, and there was no way to help them, what would you do?" Mono asked.

'I can't do it, Mono-san. I'm not like you.'

*******

A shadow casted over the four slayers. The male had white hair, and white eyes with red sclera. He stood on spider webs that were hanging in the trees.

"Don't disturb our clan's peaceful life here." The male said.

*********************** Taisho Secret ***********************
Mono: "Were you ever curious about how Makero sounds like?"

Makero's voice:

******

One last thing. I have a question.

Have Mono bring Rui with her?

Or

Have Mono kill Rui?