Chapter 26

I did not expect to be the one throwing parties, well, at least not months ago.

The only problem could be the neighbors but I'm not sure they are snitches.

Derek said he will try to keep everything in check, if it's too loud people might call the police and that's the last thing I want, my parents would isolate me forever.

The door keeps opening, as more people enter.

Most are familiar faces but some look new, I recognize the redhead from when we played dares and extreme dares.

Oh, Shanice is behind her. Now it's my turn to push her. Joking.

She is here only because she contributed most of the money. I don't even know how Derek convinced her.

"Oh, hi, bitch," she says and obnoxiously laughs.

"My name is Veronica," I reply annoyed and it amazes me that she thinks she is funny.

"I don't care, but since I'm at your house, I might try being nice." She gives me a snarky smile and I want to slap her, but I won't.

"Suit yourself," I murmur and she shrugs, going straight to the kitchen.

Derek and Dominic helped me with everything, music, food, people. It's mostly them throwing the party.

"Did we do a good job?" Dominic asks me and I listen to the song they put, it's pretty nice, for once.

"Surprisingly, yes," I say as I grab the alcohol. We all contributed with money, especially Shanice. She is quite rich

I pour the brandy in a shot glass and I drink it fast, already feeling warmed up.

I take another shot and my chest feels burning hot, it's super strong and it's the first time I have brandy.

I missed the alcohol, but now I need to find a way to get coke without asking Dominic.

I flinch as I hear a glass hitting the hard floor, shattering, spilling the alcohol all over the floor.

I look to my right and it's a guy I have never seen before, or maybe I have but I can't tell right now.

He takes a napkin and tries to soak up the alcohol.

I quickly grab a towel and help him clean. I pause for a second looking into his pretty hazel almond eyes.

He looks just as pale as I look, I usually don't see people as fair-skinned as I am.

"You must be Veronica... I'm sorry for the mess," he says and I nod.

"It's okay. How do you know my name?" I ask confused.

"It's your party, isn't it?" he exclaims and I smile.

Luckily it didn't spill on the carpet, so I clean it quickly.

I take the third shot, feeling even drunker than before.

Two familiar people enter the kitchen and I look up. Oh my God.

"Nicole?" I call out her name and she and Louis turn to me, they are holding hands.

My mouth drops to the floor as my eyes widen surprised. What is happening?

"Oh, hi. We came to check why our friend is throwing a party without inviting us," she exclaims and I can almost remember this is how she used to be months ago, so bubbly and happy.

We've all changed.

She lets go of his hand and comes to give me a hug, I don't exchange it which makes everything even more awkward, but I don't push her away.