16 : 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖯𝗅𝖺𝗒 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖬𝖾

[✨]

"How do I look?"

I did a fast twirl, making my gown unfold its skirt, showcasing the glimmer and elegance of tulle. Mom clapped from the phone screen, grinning widely. She picked the dress for me; something simple yet elegant. Off-shoulder, puffy sleeves made of tulle, layered skirt, all in cream color.

"Just as I dream you to be," she cooed. "Beautiful."

"Thanks." I smiled, clipping my hair with a diamond accessory she also sent me. "Well, mom. I don't want to miss the food in there. I should get going."

"Enjoy your night, baby. No kissy kissy with Taehyun okay?"

I rolled my eyes and ended the call. I really should break the truth to her while it's not too late, huh? Jongin was already in the car as I got in. He looked at me dearly through the rear view before driving.

"You look dazzling, m'lady."

"Oh," I waved a hand. "Don't flatter me."

"Say, do you have a partner to dance with? Or do you plan to go alone tonight?"

"Honestly, I only wanted to be there for the food." I joked. "But Taehyun asked me out so I guess I'll stick with him."

"I see," he nodded. "I do hope you spend a worthy time together, m'lady."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Bye, Jongin!"

I waved at the car speeding to the main road before entering the building. It's exactly 8 in the evening, lights leading to the great hall are dimly on. Hallways are adorned with floating red and white balloons, lockers pasted with hearts and cupids, faint music muffled behind the closed doors of the venue.

I went inside; students were all over the floor in their best attires. Some were alone, others were with their dates, flirting underneath the explosive curtains, floating hearts and icicles on the ceiling. Lights were soft, highlighting romance through the place. The stage was lit with hovering spotlights, Taehyun's LED hearts twinkled at the center. Food was in heaps by the corner. A chocolate fondue, truffles, sorts of sweets and delicacies. Music sung by LOONA resonated as one of my classmates took over the sound system. I looked around but Taehyun was nowhere to be found yet.

"You're in my mind when I'm asleep, I'm seeing stars. Sink in these dreams. I don't wanna spend these hours with nobody else."