𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6 │︎♚︎

"I hold onto the pain because it's all I have left of you."

Kyra

Her father sat down beside the fireplace and Kyra followed him. The heat of the fire had a burning sensation on her arm, nonetheless it was soothing, her Dragon allowed her body to deal well with heat.

Mr Fluffles had jumped back into her arms where he belonged and Kyra began stroking his ears out of habit.

Kyras father, Viserion , had taken a deep breath, all his secrets were about to pile upon his sweet innocent daughter. He didn't know if she could take it or was ready but he knew it was time.

"Kyra, I'm sure you know I have been keeping secrets from you and I promise it's for a very good reason". He began, his mind conflicted, he didn't want his daughter to hate him despite her not having a bad bone in her body.

"Your mothers' death wasn't an accident sweetheart." He confessed, her eyes teared up at the thought of someone intentionally hurting her mother.

"W-what do you mean?" She curiously whispered.

"Your mother, she had an extra power, as you know all fairy's have two but your mother had three". Kyra nodded as a means to let him know she understood.

"Mother had one of the same powers as I do now." She spoke. "Telekinesis." Kyras other power was talking to animals but I guess you already knew that.

She always remembered this when using her power, it made her feel more connected to her.

"Yes sweetheart, but she also had this healing power, and it was unlike normal physical healing, it was more to do with mental healing".

"You see, it was the first they have ever heard of it and they just had to know more"

"Who's they?" Kyra interrupted.

"The Fairy King" He spoke out with venom, he hated him ever since he found out about the horrible experiments he performed on his beloved mate.

"What did he do?" Kyra treaded lightly on the subject.

"He took your mother in for questioning and ever since he found out that Goddess Aine had given the power specifically for her, he desired to have it".

"But you can't take someone power!.. can you?"

"With the help of a powerful witch you can" he spoke angrily again, his fist and jaw clenched with the thoughts of the evil deeds they committed. He had wanted revenge ever since but he couldn't go and fight against the whole of the Fairy kingdom. Despite fairy's kind nature they were very loyal to whoever was on the throne. Except if they were evil,which he was, but they didn't know that, he kept it well hidden and he couldn't put Kyras life in jeopardy.

"They performed these horrible tests on her, trying to take her power. She came home one day in pain and that was when we figured it all out. So we were about to hide in this cabin but.. he took her one day and she never came back".

Kyra was on the verge of tears, she couldn't believe what her mother and father had to go through. Just because this evil fairy wanted a power that wasn't his. For the first time ever Kyra felt hatred, she didn't like the feeling of it but she wanted to avenge her mother.

"What if she's still alive?" Kyra asked softly, her tears falling down her cheeks.
Her father sighed, "I'd rather believe she's dead and at peace rather than alive and in pain right now". He spoke, he knew that he would never have his mate again, his dragon hid in the deepest parts of his mind and never resurfaced until the first time Kyra shifted.