T H I R T Y - E I G H T

that night Draco and Scarlett both fell asleep under the stars, forgetting that in the morning Narcissa would be calling them downstairs for presents.

Most parents, when they find their child not in their bed, would run around panicking, scared they were hurt- or worse, but Narcissa Malfoy was not most parents. When she didn't find Draco in his or scarletts room, where he really thought they'd be, she went around looking for them.

Along the way she ran into Lucious, "What's wrong, dear?" She looked a little unnerved but having to work for the dark lord for years had trained her to keep composure.

"Have you seen the kids? They're not in their rooms?" She had to admit, she was a little worried but she knew between the two, they could defend themselves. Or at the least, Scarlett would hex anyone within a mile radius of them.

"No, but i'm sure they're around here somewhere let's look," he suggested to his panicked wife.

The two walked around the large Manor looking for the love sick puppies. They spilt up to cover more ground, so Lucius went to the kitchen, the spare bedrooms and the bathrooms, while Narcissa went to the dining room, drawing room, and the library. The two met up, both with no news.

"You check the living room and i'll check outside," Lucius said, a little sick of this search. His wife nodded and continued to look for them. "Oh, Cissy! I found them."

Narcissa came running to his voice only to find him in the garden looking at the two wrapped in each other's body on a blanket. She walked up to her husband putting her arm around his, smiling down at the two. "Do we wake them," she asked?

"If you'd like to open presents," he said. He knew his wife's favorite part was watching the kids open their gifts. She nodded and bent down next to Draco, shaking him lightly. He shir up from his position, throwing Scarlett in the progress.

"Ow! What the he- Oh, Good Morning, Cissy," she said smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry, Darling. They scared me," he chuckled. She shot him a glare slapping the back of his head. His face grimaced , rubbing the spot she viciously attacked. The two adults laughed lightly at their actions.

"We're you two out here all night," Cissy asked? They nodded and stood up from their spots. "Merry Christmas, kids."

"Merry Christmas, Cissy," Scarlett said, "You too, Lucius."

Draco got up and kissed his mother on the cheek, "Merry Christmas, Mum, Father." He bent down kissing Scarlett quickly, "Merry Christmas, Darling."

He helped her up from their spot and followed the two adults back inside to sit around the tree. Lucius sat in the loveseat and Narcissa on the couch next to them. Draco sat on the floor by the tree pulling Scarlett into his lap. Just like her name, her face had ta scarlet tint to it.

Cissy placed everyones gifts in front of them, excited to watch the looks on their faces.

"Thank you Cissy, you didn't have to," scarlett said hugging the women.

"None sense, go on open them," her voice filled with joy.

Scarlett let Draco open his first, getting new quidditch gear, a few books, and a replica of the jumper Scarlet took over the summer. Cissys explanation was so he's stop whining like a baby that Scarlett stole his favorite one. Everyone laughed at this and Scarlett teased him about it.

Scarlett was next to open her gifts. Cissy got her a few dresses, an original copy of how to kill a mocking bird signed by the author, and a gorgeous pair of diamond earnings. She hugged her and thanked Lucius for being so kind to get her them.

Lucius was last and Cissy got him a book on manners, making him grunt and send her a dirty look. "This is why you needed the book," she laughed.

After cleaning up the mess Cissy said breakfast would be done in half an hour, giving the two time alone.

"Merry Christmas, Dragon," Scarlett whispered against his lips.

"I have a gift for you," he said shyly. Her eyes lit up in excitement and started bouncing around. He pulled out a long black box and handed it to her.

To her amazement inside was a necklace to match the earrings but in the middle of the cluster of diamonds was a beautiful yellow gem.

"Draco, this is gorgeous! you shouldn't have," she said running her fingers along the gems.

"A beautiful yellow stone for my beautiful Hufflepuff," he whispered ignoring her last comment. She threw her arms around his neck pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

She pecked his cheek saying thank you in between each. "I have one more," he said. He pulled out a bag, that Cissy definitely stuffed as it was too neat. She pulled out a gorgeous white stuffed bear. "It's enchanted to always smell like me," he said. This was her breaking point, tears fell from her eyes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," she exclaimed! He wiped her tears smiling down at her.

"I have something for you too," she whispered. She pulled out what looked like a normal book and handed it to him. "Open it."

He opened it and saw pictures from their childhood to now, all enchanted to replay the memories. He put the book down grabbing her face pulling her in for a heated kiss.

"Thank you, darling. This is the most thoughtful gift i've ever gotten."

"You like it, then?"

"Scarlett, I love it," she smiled at his words, "You know what else I love?"

"Hm?" she mumbled.

"You. I love you, Scarlett."

"And I love you Draco."

"Okay lovebirds, time for breakfast," they heard an unfamiliar voice say from the door way. They looked up and saw Blaise and Georgia.

"Gigi," Scarlett yelled running up to her, pushing Draco away. She embraced her in a tight hug squeezing the life out of her.

"Merry Christmas, mate" the two girls heard the boys say.

Draco grabbed Scarlett out of Georgia's arms, "Mine." Everyone laughed at his possessiveness and made their way to the dining room.

That day was the best Christmas the group had in years. They spent the day talking, laughing, listening to Christmas music, and having a little too much to drink that night.

Bottle by bottle they continued to drown the fire whiskey, celebrating on life. Everything felt too good to be true, and little did they know it was.

***
a.n.
writtting about the holidays made me remember they're not always so easy for others, including myself. So, if you're reading this and the holidays aren't the easiest for you remember someones always there. Never feel like you can't talk to me if anyone needs it. I understand how hard it can be on someone.

on a happier note, Sorry for the cliffhanger don't kill me. Also check out my other story, Astrophile, it's a Ron weasley story about a Slytherin girl and Ron (obviously) who create an unlikely friendship, and maybe more.