EPISODE 47

13.12.2019 , At Chennai

Aparna's P. O. V :

" For the hundredth time, I won't get my eye brows done! It hurts! " I said to Shwetha.

" Okay, then try this detan facial! " Shwetha said with her eyes closed under the cucumber slices.

" You are the one getting married! Not me! " I said laughing.

" Ma'am, you should try the fruit facial! " The beauty parlor lady piped in.

" No thanks! " I said and laid back on the sofa.

Shwetha went silent after the parlor lady started scrubbing her face and applied another new layer of cream.

" Another, 20 minutes, and you are good to go! "The parlor lady said to Shwetha.

I smirked as I took a pic of her with the weird facial.

" I am going to sleep! " Shwetha complained to me.

" Get all the sleep you need " I said and went back to scrolling posts on my phone.

After a strenuous battle with the parlor lady, I escaped the place unscathed. With two days left till the wedding, we still had lots of things to do. I was forced to stay with Shwetha in her house , because I promised her that I would be the wedding manager.

Shwetha's house, which was usually empty besides her parents, was jam packed with people.

We packed our bags and moved to wedding venue that evening. We decided to have a small success party the same night.

We booked a small meeting Hall in the wedding venue and invited everyone from the office.

" Let's keep the make up simple! " I murmured as I helped Shwetha get ready.

" Done, done! Let's move out! The guys are here already! " Shwetha said as we both rushed out of our hotel room.

The meeting Hall was at the terrace and had a huge spill out area outside.

As I walked inside the hall, the first thing that caught my eyes was the variety of liquor arranged neatly over the center table.

Hari, Shiva and Karthik were having some heated discussion that they didn't notice us entering the hall.

" Don't tell me that you guys brought these! " Shwetha shouted looking at the table.

The three boys jumped and turned towards us. Karthik uselessly tried to hide two bottles in his hand.

" You said party! " Hari said defending his team.

" That doesn't mean you can drink! I have had enough of you guys being drunk! Throw away these bottles " Shwetha said to Hari.

All the wonderful moments from our last trip crossed my mind.

" Okay, then we will have our own party after you guys leave! " Shiva said.

" Good! " I said and sat down near the table.

Shwetha sat beside me. The interns too arrived after 10 minutes.

" What's next? " Karthik asked.

" We all take a break! " Shiva said. And I looked down my table.

" What's next Aparna? " Karthik asked me.

" How would I know! " I said rolling my eyes.

" I saw you working silently on something yesterday " Karthik said.