nine

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

The Jones middle sibling's voice snatched the three girls' attention from the movie they were watching. "Ah, hello, ladies." He grinned at them after opening the door to the Russo apartment.

"Hey." Harper, Athena and Alex said un sync, making the three exchanged a quick weird look.

"What y'all watching?" He turned his attention to the TV screen as he grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl that rested on Harper's lap and shoved into his mouth. He cringed at the movie title. "I'm in Love With a Teen Werewolf?" He questioned. "Really?"

Athena shrugged. "Be our guest to suggest any other movies."

Joshua shook his head slightly and turned them. "Anyways, I came by to ask Harper to help me with my new jumper."

"Huh?" Harper frowned. "Why?"

The Jones boy scratched the back of his neck, trying to come up with an excuse to snatch Harper away, when he eyed Alex passing Athena an already bitten pickle.

"Because it's pickle themed!" He blurted out the first thing that came in his mind. "Yeah, it's a pickle-themed jumper and I thought 'who better to lend my a hand than the themed clothing queen herself?'."

Harper let out a giggle. "Me? Themed clothing queen?" She repeated his words in a sweet-shy voice before her face got serious again. "Let's do this."

The Finkle girl got up and handed Alex the popcorn bowl. "Alex, do you mind if I go? I mean I can st-"

The Russo girl shook her head and clicked her tongue. "Don't worry, Harper." She threw an arm around Athena's shoulder. "I've got Athena here with me." The blonde nodded with a smile.

"Okay, then." Joshua grabbed Harper's arm and pulled her rapidly towards the door. "But if you need anything you can call m-'' Harper's voice was cut off by the sound of the door slamming.

"Oh, hey, look, this is the funny part when all the angry villagers surround the werewolf and then they destroy him!" Alex commented, her voice raising as she spoke.

"Hm." Athena tilted her head as she watched the villagers attacking the werewolf. "I wonder where you can get torches like that." She added, Alex nodding.
Next thing they knew, the front door was opened again, only this time it wasn't Athena's brother, but Alex's. Max.

The Jones girl felt her heart skipping a beat as he smiled at her.

"Uh, Alex, do you mind if I borrow Thena real quick?" He rubbed his hands on his jeans, something Athena noticed he did whenever he got nervous. She raised her brows as his aura became visible floating above his head.

A mix between a light grey and punch-pink spun around in a light mix above Max's head. Stress (the grey) and what the girl thought was tenderness (the pink). Her heart warmed up at the thought of him caring so much for his sister's being, unaware that, in fact, the pinkish tone she called tenderness could also be called passion. Only all he felt wasn't directed to Alex...