~ Chapter 76 ~ (Forgotten Past)

(Y/N) spins in mid air as he is building a momentum. A moment later, he raised his right foot high and preparing for an axe kick. He descent toward his target in front of him.

Akaza crossed his hands to block it. The demon can feel the attack landed on his crossed hands. The force from the kick was very powerful that Akaza unintentionally released his hands from each other.

Akaza is now open as he is unguarded. (Y/N) immediately went for Akaza's neck. Akaza sensed the upcoming attack and immediately fall himself on his back making (Y/N) missed.

(Y/N) begin to fall into an awkward position. Akaza immediately rise up before preparing a fist straight to (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) however predicted this.

(Y/N) spinned around, facing Akaza and decapitated Akaza's fist into pieces. He then immediately kicked Akaza on his face, causing the demon crashing into a wall.

(Y/N) instantly followed as he continue his assault. Akaza can be seen stuck to the wall from his back. (Y/N) aimed his blade on Akaza's neck, planning to finish the demon.

Akaza just waited until the last minute before he dig both of his hands in the walls. Akaza pulled chunks of walls with both of his hands and throw it at (Y/N).

(Y/N) easily cutted it to pieces. However, it did not stop there. Suddenly, Akaza appeared in front of him with a hook ready.

(Y/N) ducked from the demon's fist and take an advantage from his position by landing a scorpion kick. It landed on Akaza's face and the demon was staggered.

(Y/N) jumped away to retreat as he saw Akaza recovered shortly. Akaza spat the blood inside his mouth as he lose few of his teeth.

However, he wasn't mad at all. No, he had the look of ecstacy on his face. "You truly have my fullest respect. Only you and your father managed to push me into a corner."

"Your fighting style is very different from other people I faced. You didn't rely on your sword to fight, I see that you also very skillful in hand to hand combat. Truly impressive."

"I want to know your name. I only know your father's, but I never get yours..." Akaza said as he waited for answer. However, (Y/N) is silent as he didn't respond to the demon.

"Not a talker are you? Too bad, because I love talking!" Akaza said as he dashed at (Y/N). (Y/N) prepared himself before he begin facing Akaza straight on.

"I'll ask you again and again for your name!" Akaza said as he begin kicking at (Y/N). (Y/N) immediately jumped as each kicks Akaza deliver created powerful shockwaves.

(Y/N) immediately jumped high on top of Akaza and landed on the demon's back. He immediately spinned with a slash ready. Akaza sensed the upcoming attack and spinned around with a right fist ready.

(Y/N)'s blade meets Akaza's fist as the blade pierced between Akaza's finger. (Y/N) try to pull his blade out from Akaza's flesh, but Akaza hold his blade with his left hand making it stuck in his flesh.

Akaza deliver a straight kick towards (Y/N). (Y/N) released his blade and side step out of the way. (Y/N) immediately approached Akaza and controlled his breath.

With a single attack, (Y/N) punched Akaza straight into his guts. Akaza instantly ran out of air and begin gasping for breath. (Y/N) take this chance to retrieve his blade.

(Y/N) hold his blade that is still stuck on Akaza's hand as he continue to control his breath. He used his breath to increase his strength and pulled the blade out with his full strength.

Akaza slowly begin to regain his breath. (Y/N) took this chance and went for Akaza's neck again. However, Akaza slammed his foot on the ground, destroying the floor.

(Y/N) eyes become wide from the sudden lose of his footing. However, he recovered mid air before he fall on the lower floor on top of his feet. He looked around him to look for Akaza.

He found Akaza kneeling at the ground. He saw that Akaza already begin to recover and slowly stood up on his feet.

"Truly brilliant, I praise you for that attack. Your making my heart's leaping from this battle. You definitely are not a weakling like the rest of the demon hunters. Only you and your father are the one's who I truly gave my respect" Akaza said while grinning.

(Y/N) just shook his head from what Akaza just said. "Those demon hunters are not weak. Even though they have their own flaws, they are definitely not weak as you think they might."

"Soo what?! From my experience, some of them couldn't even stand up by themselves. For years, I've fought a lot of them and none of them managed last long enough against me. None of them managed to give me the battle I strive for!"

"I really despise the weak. Some of them even rely on others during a battle. They disgust me..." Akaza said.

"Akaza, it seems like you misunderstood a lot of things..." (Y/N) said as he looked at Akaza straight into his eyes.

"It's true that some of them rely on others, but that is not a weakness. No single thing is perfect by itself. That's why we're born to attract other things to make up what we lack" (Y/N) told Akaza.

Akaza was silent after hearing what (Y/N) just said. After a moment, he finally break the silence filling the air. "That's all a lie! No matter what you said, you can't prove to me that they are not weak. They are nothing more but a bunch of inferiors!"

"You're telling me that no one is perfect and it's normal for others to back up each other weaknesses. But how about you? I never saw you rely on other?" Akaza retorted.

"Then, you do not know me..." (Y/N) answered simply.

"The strength that you see in me was all thanks to my father and mother. They are the one who taught me and shaped me to the person who I am today. Everytime I fought, I will always rely on the things that they have taught me.." (Y/N) said.

"That's my story... That's the source of my strength. Soo, how about you Akaza? You definitely are a powerful demon. Do you still remember your past? Do you remember how you gain your own strength?" (Y/N) asked.

"My past...?" Akaza was caught off guard from the sudden question. (Y/N) caught Akaza's reaction as he saw the demon being confused right now.

Akaza shook his head before he glared at (Y/N). "My past... Means nothing to me! I was weak and useless. I have to become stronger soo that I can... I can..." Akaza begin grasping his head as he can feel headaches and he can't remember anything at all. All he remember is that he was useless. A failure....

However, from those few words, (Y/N) can heard something in Akaza's voice. Frustration and regrets. And from his reaction, Akaza seems to be trying to remember something.

(Y/N) now knew what he had to do...

(Y/N)'s eyes begin to transform into the mangekyo sharingan. He take a step forward before appearing right in front of Akaza. Akaza eyes become wide before he deliver a straight punch.

(Y/N) moved his head away and evaded it before holding Akaza's hand by the wrist. Akaza used his other hand to hit (Y/N). However, (Y/N) just blocked it before also holding Akaza's other hand.

"LET ME GO!" Akaza ordered as both of his hands is in a lock. (Y/N) looked at Akaza straight into the demon's eyes before he said a single word, "Tsukuyomi"...