17 : 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

[⛈️]

[Third Person's POV]

The rain poured harder, accompanied by the whistling wind. Heart's Day wasn't supposed to be plunged into such cold weather; however, everyone else were cozy and in love inside. Not for Y/N. Not when she's standing in front of the person whom she believed had betrayed her again.

"Y/N.. I can explain.."

She crossed her arms, brow raised. Taehyun's shoulders dropped. They were both rain-soaked, but it's the least he could care about.

"I was stuck in-"

"Traffic?" She scoffed. "Traffic was long gone minutes after I arrived here, Kang."

"I know.. But there was a road accident ahead and enforcers had trouble with the flow.. Mark couldn't take a turn so we had to wait.."

"You could've texted me. You could've sent a word."

"I.. Left my phone.." He looked down. "I was in a hurry.."

"Hurry?" She faked a laugh. "Hurry? You call this hurry?"

"Y/N, please.. I didn't mean to keep you waiting.. I never even told you to come outside.."

"Of course, you didn't. I waited here because I wanted you to see me the first thing you get here. I wanted to greet you the moment you step out of your car. I wanted you to spend your first few seconds here with me!"

Taehyun nodded slowly, absorbing the words she belted out. She sounded hurt. Disappointed. Broken. He understood.

"I don't know what to believe anymore.. You like seeing me confused as fuck, don't you?"

He lifted his gaze in panic. "N-no.."

"You planned everything beforehand, didn't you? Making me believe that you've changed. Turning up to my unit and pull up a drama to make you look convincing. I should've known the moment you left in the morning without saying anything!"

"Y/N.."

"Taehyun, I'm sick of this game!" She broke down, aggressively taking off her hair clip. "I'm tired of going in circles! You keep on tugging my heartstrings like I'm your marionette, I'm not!"

"I wasn't trying to treat you like a puppet!" Taehyun yelled back. "At least since I promised to treat you better! I never lied when I told you I've changed!"

"I can't trust you.. I really can't.. You've fucked me up loads of times, I can't let you drop me again.."

"Y/N.."

"Please, stop this.. You can tell me your real intentions tonight and I'll leave you alone.. Just.." She collapsed to the ground. "..stop playing with me.. I give up.. You win.."

Taehyun stared down at her. He slowly crouched down to her side. Y/N cried again, hiding her face into her palms as she trembled. He could sense her devastation however, he did nothing wrong, at least that's what he thought.

"I didn't reach out to you to win." He began. "Yes, it's true that I wanted to run you in circles. I didn't want you to crush me just because you're now in the same pedestal as mine."

He pulled her into his arms, giving her all the warmth left in him.

"But when I had that dream, I just knew I should stop. I took a brave step out of the cage that enclosed me for years. Even though it was hard at first, but I did my best to show you that I'm trying to be better. I didn't want to waste your trust, Y/N. You're the only one to hold onto me despite my worst. I know you did it before for the money, but you're still here when you have all the luxury."

He pulled out the box he's kept safe in his suit the entire time. He handed it to Y/N and smiled painfully.

"You're the only light I can follow through the dark at this point.. I can't afford to lose you.."

She opened the box. Her eyes welled with more tears. Inside was the mint, shell-shaped plush she wanted when they passed by that very boutique. It was safely tucked around red rose buds, a handwritten note in golden ink sitting on top of it.

'To the girl who loves the sea.' It read.

"It took me long to come because I had to buy the last stock. You told me money isn't the only way to show people that I'm grateful, so I got you something that you wanted."

Y/N stared at it silently.

"I know it's not much. But I hope it would mean a lot to you," he cupped her face. "As you already do to me. I'm grateful that you came to me, Y/N. You changed me."

Without any hesitation, Taehyun closed the gap between their faces. He molded his lips with hers, perfectly fitting each other's. Y/N felt a burst of bliss, surge of electricity climbing up her back as she closed her eyes, letting the last tears fall out of joy. The thunder rolled once more, rain raging. They didn't care. The warmth, the heavenly feeling, the love that was there were enough to keep them cozy.

Taehyun tilted his head to deepen the kiss. Y/N had to place the box on her lap so she could hold him around the neck. Heart's Day fell into a ruthless weather. Y/N thought she'd come home with a devastating heartache. Yet, there she was, in the storm, kissing the man whom she used to despise the most.