49| Meeting the Spencers

The briefing with Sarah and George later in the executive lounge goes smoothly

The briefing with Sarah and George later in the executive lounge goes smoothly. We just have to finalize the draft of the LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement before sealing the deal with the potential buyers tomorrow.

I can't believe that this is the last project for my internship -- the realization makes me feel somehow sad but grateful at the same time for this rare experience.

I'm about to stand up from my seat to get the printed document when Jake stops me.

"Let me get it," he says, making me nod.

Sighing, I sink back into my chair, and that's when I notice Sarah's stare. She squints, as if knowing the unspeakable truth about our relationship, making me gulp.

Meanwhile, George shakes his head -- his eyes still focus on the documents in his hands, but that doesn't give me the impression that he doesn't notice.

When Jake gets back with the agreement in his hand, he hands it to George and sits back beside me. I've been trying to act nonchalant with every small gesture and attention Jake is giving me, but it's getting harder to hide the fact that my boyfriend is very loving to me.

"Did you send the email to our shareholders about the final notes regarding the agreement?" I lean closer to Jake, checking his laptop screen, trying to keep things professional.

"Yeah, it's done," Jake shows me his email.

"That's gre--" My sentence stops short when he suddenly picks a small eyelash that has fallen onto my cheek.

The touch sends electricity on my skin -- it's crazy how the smallest touch of him still causes such an effect to my body despite all the deeds we've done behind closed doors.

A soft smile forms on his lips before he looks away, shifting his attention back to his laptop, definitely oblivious of what's happening around him and completely unaware of the reaction from the other two people in the room.

I sneak a glance at Sarah and George, only to find that George clears his throat while Sarah heaves a long sigh, leaning her back against her chair.

Right. It's official that our relationship is fully disclosed.

 It's official that our relationship is fully disclosed