Chapter1:Meet Up

~Kenma's POV~
My first year in Nekoma has been boring but I found someone online that goes there too and I found out she was in my class.

L/N Y/N,she sits by the window,one seat away from mine. She always has her hair long down, she's very quiet but she has high marks in class.

She always disappears at Lunchtime and I couldn't look for her after school because of Volleyball. Me and her would play games after I get out of practice,She seems to be online at the same time.

We were playing when she said something.
"ApplePi...your in my class aren't you?"
She asked and I perked up before answering
"I am....StrayCat...." I answered and she sighed
"Kozume?" She asked and I sat there in shock, I never thought she would figure it out easily
"L/N...." I muttered "Yep,that's me..." she said "So...Where do you go during break times? You always seem to disappear?" I asked "The tree,I stay by the tree near the Volleyball Gym. I'm the VB Girls Setter...." she said "Oh...I'm a setter too..." I said "I have a lot of stamina but I'm too lazy....being sticky and tired is just annoying...." she muttered "I'm just lazy in general but same..." I said "Would you like to meet up?" She asked and it took me a couple seconds to process what she just said before I answered "Sure...we can spend lunch together too...I don't wanna get dragged by Kuroo..." I said and I heard her chuckle "I wanna escape from Akane and the team..." she said "Same." I said.

We played for a few more hours before we said goodbye and went to bed.

'Since when did I became interested in meeting up with a girl? But....there's something different about her...'

I woke up the next day and got ready for school. Kuroo picked me up and we walked to school together. We reached the halls and I saw Y/N pass by,she had her AirPods in her ears and was playing on her switch as she walked to class.

"You don't have to walk me to class Kuroo..." I said and before he could ask,I walked off and caught up to Y/N.

"Ohayou Kozume-Kun..." she said,not looking away from her screen "Ohayou...." I said and took out my switch,we reached the classroom and she sat in her seat while I sat in mine while we played our game together,after awhile the teacher came and we placed our switches in our bag.

Y/N was looking out the window,seemingly lost in thought as the teacher kept talking.

"Ms.L/N,please answer number 11..." the teacher said and Y/N looked at the board and stood up "27.5 and -15...." she said and sat back down "Very well,Now class if you aren't going to pay attention,you better know the answer to my questions when I call you...." She said while smiling softly at Y/N.

Lunchtime rolled around and I walked over to Y/N's seat "Shall we?" I asked and she looked at me and nodded,she took her bento and mine while she handed me her switch as I took out mine.We made our way down the hall and to the tree near the gym,we sat in the grass under the tree and started to play some games while eating,it was quiet but comfortable and peaceful.

"Kozume,Your a Setter right?" She asked while we kept playing and I nodded "Are your teammates annoying?" She asked and I looked up and nodded "Are yours?" I asked while I looked back down on my game and she hummed in response "Do you practice a lot?" I asked since I saw some parts of her body covered in bruises "I guess..." she said in a barely audible voice "Why don't you ever tie your hair up?" I asked her "I get anxious..." she said "Why don't you cut yours?" She asked "The same reason with you...." I said and we continued to play.

"Oh...I think Akihiko forgot his phone with me..." she muttered while she pulled out a phone from her pocket "You have a Boyfriend?" I asked "Toxic but I can't find a reason to leave....I'll return his phone tomorrow..." she said and we continued to walk back to our classroom.

'Toxic Relationship....'

It was after class when both Kuroo and the VB girls Member(Chitose Akane) came in and dragged me and Y/N to the gym.

We changed into our practice clothes and got paired up, Y/N was paired up with Yaku-San and I was paired up with their Spiker,Bunko Chiasa.

After practice,Y/N told me she wanted to show me somewhere,we walked through a few alleys and we ended up in a abandoned house,it had a lock where Y/N reached down her bag and took out a key and unlocked it.

"My dad left this under my name...." she said as we went up the stairs "It's not really that much but it's pretty cool,I use some of the rooms here if I don't really wanna go home but I mostly come here because of this...." she said as she led me to a room and she knocked on one of the walls and a ladder suddenly fell down "Come on ApplePi...." she said as she smiled at me while climbing up the ladder,I followed after her and it led to a rooftop. The view was stunning and for the first time,I saw Y/N tuck her hair behind her ears,she had piercings....it was adorably cool....She smiled and the sunset reflected on her like,she looked like a goddess....

"Hey....don't stare at me like that....I might melt Kozume...." she said while she giggled "G-Gomenne L/N-San...." I said and we leaned on the railing while we watch the sunset.

~Y/N's POV~
"I never brought anyone here with me...." I said and Kozume looked at me "This is the only place I don't get anxious...." I continued and smiled at Kozume"You can call me Kenma..." he said "Only of you call me Y/N...." I said and he nodded.

We watched the sky turn from bright Orange to Black,we made our way back down the ladder and walked out the house,I locked it before we walked back through the alleys we went through.

"Hey Kenma,Tell me about yourself..." I said and he looked at me and shyly smiled "Okay...I guess....I'm a Setter,I like cats and gaming and my favorite food is Apple Pie...." he said "Apple Pie?Thats cute...." I muttered and I think he heard it "I know how to make Apple Pie...." I said and he whipped his head towards me and his little cat eyes just sparkled "You can?" He asked "Yeah!I learned it when I was 6! My grandma and I made our own recipe!" I said "Wow...." he said "Maybe I'll bake some for you!" I said and he looked excited "Really? You'd do that?" He asked and I nodded "T-Thank You...." he said shyly and we continued walking "Tell me something about you Y/N...." he said "Well....I'm a Setter,I like gaming,I'm in a Toxic relationship,I love chocolate pocky and F/D and I hate the sudden contact of water on my skin....." I said "Water?Your scared of water?" He asked and I nodded "Only if it's sudden contact....I had a bad experience with water so I kinda fear it...." I said and I was glad that he understood that I wasn't ready to tell him about it yet and was thankful that he didn't ask more questions about it.

'Kenma Kozume.....Interesting....'

I realized that his house was just 15 minutes away from mine.

Word Count:1344