|33|

I shake my leg nervously, tapping my fingers against the desk of my English class. I'm moved all the way to the back, as far away from Jessie as I could possibly get. I had texted Cora and she said she'd meet me outside my lecture hall so we could go talk. She said she'd be around and I didn't really question why.

  The clock strikes twelve and I scramble to shove my things in my bag, hoping Jessie won't try to make conversation. But with my luck, I hear him calling my name as I exit the building.

  "Hey, slow down, Clo." Jessie hand grasps my own causing me to twirl around and yank my hand out of his grip with more force than I intended.

  "Do not touch me." I hiss, stepping back from him. He furrows his eyebrows and wears a confused smirk, looking around as he adjusts his jacket. "To think I stood up for someone like you, Jessie." I snap.

  "What are you even talking about, you sound fucking crazy." He laughs, but I can see the guilt on his face, the way he looks around to see if anyone is paying attention.

  "Harry was right about you and your father." I snap. Jessie clenching his jaw and strides forward at me, reaching out for my hand which I yank away, a large and familiar tattooed hand lands against Jessie's chest, shoving him back.

  "Holy shit, you're a fucking idiot." Harry's voice is far calmer than I expected it to be. He stands tall, watching as Jessie composes himself before he gives him another harsh shove. "Huh, tough guy? You could put your hands on Clover just fine the other night, what about now?" He barks.

  "I didn't touch her, she's a fucking liar." Jessie spits up at Harry who simply shoves him again, Jessie growing angrier by the minute. Students have stopped and started watching causing me to shift uncomfortably.

  "Bullshit!" Harry seethes. "Her wrists and thigh are bruised with your hand prints!" He states loudly enough for others to here, giving Jessie another shove until he's now in the middle of the large circle created.

  "Harry enough." I speak. He simply ignores me and stands tall over Jessie who shakes his head and laughs wickedly.

  "You think that's funny?" Harry asks. "You think hitting women is funny?" He repeats himself. Harry nods easily and points to Jessie like he's showing him off. "Jessie Campbell thinks hitting women is funny." Harry calls out, turning back to Jessie who watches with lowered eyes. "Your dick must be massive, huh?" Harry snaps, Jessie now shrinking down with embarrassment.

  "Harry." I call again, he glances over at me before sending me a single finger to signal he'd be just a second. My arms are crossed over my chest as I shift uncomfortably. He's never this calm.

  "I don't hit women, fuck head. I can't believe you'd believe that bitch, she did it to herself." Jessie spits. Harry looks over at me causing me to sigh, my eyes almost popping out of my sockets when he turns around, his clenched fist colliding with Jessie's jaw at a fast and bone cracking speed causing me to gasp loudly. Jessie doubles over and hold his jaw in pain, groaning loudly.

  "Harry!" I shout, my voice mixing in with loud laughs and clapping coming from the handful of students who had stopped to watch what was happening. Jessie stands up and unexpectedly punches Harry in the mouth causing him to lean over with pain. "No, do not!" I hiss at him, Harry's fist stopping cocked fully back as Jessie flickers his eyes to meet mine.

  "Thanks, Clo." Jessie speaks.

  "Fuck you. It's Clover." I spit, Harry smirking as he spits blood out onto the pavement. Jessie rolls his shoulders back as he walks off the other way, Harry striding slowly beside me as we walk. "Are you insane?" I mutter.