Chapter 24

An Elite member from the KDA informed Ash that there was a havoc in Route 16. A plethora of wild pokemon were rampaging across that area, causing damage and endangering civilians.

"Route 16 huh? Let's see," Ash said while checking the map of Lumiose city in his phone. The city's map was even complicated than trigonometry, and people  who aren’t native here, would easily get lost without it.

Ash was standing in a spot away from the academy. He called out his Pidgeot once again.

"Sorry for disturbing you, but it's an emergency," Ash said as the bird nodded in understanding.

Ash aboarded and Pidgeot blasted off at the speed of light.

***

Route 16 was quite getting out of control. Wild pokemons from the forest were rampaging and destroying the area. There were some pretty strong ones as well like Pangoro, Tyranitar, Ursaring, Machamp, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Nidoking, Barbaracle, Golem, Onix, Trevanent, Houndoom and others. In other words, it was an army of powerhouses.

This has never happened before specially in a city like Lumiose. All of a sudden pokemon started coming out and started attacking everything in sight. The KDA branch of Kalos were doing everything they can.

"Take those people away from here. Evacuate this Route immediately," Agent David, who was in charge said as the others were carrying his orders.

Suddenly, a Houndoom appeared and fired a Hyper Beam towards a building where some civilians were taking refugee.

"Typhlosion use Fire Blast," a voice said as the volcano pokemon shot the powerful move, cancelling the Hyper Beam. Typhlosion roared, intimidating the other wild mons.

"Its Sir Ethan," a voice of an agent said happily.

"Thank you for your assistance," David gave a salute to the Elite Four member of Kanto.

"No need to thank me," Ethan said. "Are the people safe?" he asked.

David nodded. "Yes Sir. They all have been escorted to safety with some of our agents." Ethan nodded approvingly .

"But---" David said as he looked at the rampaging pokemons with a worry look. "How are we going to deal with them?"

Ethan smirked surprising David. "Sir?" he asked wondering what's so funny.

"Don't worry about them. I have already called Ash, so he will be here any moment," Ethan said simply as he went to fight against some of the mons with his fire type partner.

Agent David was dumbfounded at what he said. He then smiled, feeling the tension going of his chest. He tapped his earpiece, which was connected to all agents in operation.

"Calling Agent David. Everyone engage in escorting the citizens to safety. I repeat, everyone escort the civilians and evacuate Route 16 immediately." David gave his orders as the others were stunned.

"But Sir, what about the wild pokemons?" someone asked in his earpiece.

"Champion Ash will take care of it," David said smiling.

***

Ash was a bit surprised when Ethan called him. He told him about some pokemons going out of control or something. Ash was bit confused because the KDA were taking care of it, so why did they needed him? When he reached Route 16, he knew exactly why.

The area was a total mess. Screams and yells could be heard as people were running here and there. The sound of helicopters could be heard. Ash saw some reporters were reporting about this chaos through live.